<-02->

<-I-L-A-<<<

Remembering how heated the argument was, I grew worried. I carefully walked towards the man on the ground and gasped. The first thing that came into sight was the fast-growing blood stain located at his stomach. I quickly crouched down by his side and checked the pulse at his wrist, noticing how torn up his fist were.

"Sir, I'm a doctor. I'm going to have to remove your shirt to help you." I informed him. Wouldn't want him to misunderstand that I was trying to take advantage of him while he was close to death.

"Mmm." He groaned, too much in pain to speak.

"I need you to stay with me. I need you to stay awake." I told him as I lifted his shirt high enough to reveal a long and thick cut. He must have been stabbed.

I took off my cardigan and pressed it against his wound. At the same time, I reached into my purse and grabbed my phone, speed dialing Charlotte. She picked up on the third ring.

"Where are you? It's already 4:45, Dr. Yasmin had to perform a surgery witho-"

"Charlotte, send an ambulance down the street to the alley of the convenience store and the pet shop."

"What happened?" Charlotte asked. "Are you alright?"

"I found a man who was stabbed. Hurry, he's losing a lot of blo-"

I was unable to finish my sentence, stopped as my phone was grabbed by the man.

"No hospitals." He forced the words out of him. After pressing the end call button, he went back limp, exhausted by the strength he had used up.

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay. There is nothing to be scared off at the hospital. We are there to help you."

>>>-M-A-T-T-E-O->

If I wasn't in so much pain, I would be laughing at what the helping woman above me just said.

I wasn't scared of the hospital. I don't cower in fear because of needles. It's just men like me, a criminal, couldn't afford to go to the hospital.

It's one of the many ways to get caught. Your name goes on the hospital record, the police finds it, and then next thing you know, you're no longer in a hospital bed but a prison cell.

I tried focusing on my breathing, wincing every time the woman applied harder pressure onto my cut.

As I got lifted into the ambulance, my vision became blurry. I tried blinking it away but my eyelids grew heavier and the pain in my stomach intensified. Damn, it hurts like a bitch.

I was conscious enough to able to hear. If anything the sounds were amplified in my ears. Why the fuck is the ambulance siren so loud?

<-I-L-A-<<<

The ambulance came in no time. I waited for the paramedics to take out the trolly. As I did, I looked at the face of the wounded man. He looked as if he was disappointed that the helping vehicle arrived.

I helped the paramedics get the wounded man in the back of the ambulance. I let the paramedics do their job and sat silently.

This was the first time I've ridden in the back of the ambulance. I scanned over the medical gear and my eyes landed on the man.