Beauty

Antonio stood a bit far from the restaurant where he saw Conner and Milagros eating together. He hid in the shadows, not being seen. Antonio felt anger and jealousy. He felt jealous that Conner could casually sit, talk, and be with Milagros, something he always wanted.

Besides the anger and jealousy, he felt a bit of sadness in his heart. He always wanted to have someone be there for him, eat with him, hold him, kiss him, and comfort him in his darkest times. Looking at the sight was a bitter reminder of all the things he wanted in life and something he never had throughout his life.

A small tear formed, but he immediately wiped it away. He reminded himself that he would soon have some alone time with Milagros. He could not let the other man get in his way. He had many chances of being close to Milagros. Now it was his turn. On Friday, he chose a location where he could have private time with Milagros, and it was a place that not many people, foreigners to be exact, could find.

It was almost his time.

.....................................................................

Friday afternoon...

Milagros got dressed in a long light brown skirt and a light peach long-sleeved shirt. She also brushed her hair. Today was the day that she would meet with Antonio. Conner was at his home doing some paperwork that he had to send to the main CEO of the organization.

As she was finished getting ready, there was a knock on her door. She went and opened the door. It was Antonio. He wore dark blue jeans that looked a bit worn out, a black buttoned sleeve shirt, a few buttons were unbuttoned, showing parts of his muscular chest.

A slight blush came across her face.

"Good afternoon, Milagros. You look lovely."

"Thank you, Antonio. I was looking forward to this place you were talking about. Besides, where are we going?"

A smile came across his face. "It is a surprise. It is one of my favorite places. Come on; I have my truck."

Both got to the truck and drove off. The road was bumpy as they drove away from the village. As they drove, they went deep into the forest. Trees surrounded them; they had a frightening yet beautiful appearance.

Milagros looked through the window, and she was in awe of the scenery. "Where are exactly are we?"

"We are almost there, and I am sure that you will like it."

What seemed like an endless road, they arrived at their destination by the end of many endless trees.

Milagros was aghast. Her lips were a bit wide open. "T-This is beautiful."

Antonio got out of the truck and walked over, and opened her side of the door.

"Welcome, to our town's river."