Chapter Two ~ Morning!

It was early morning at Camp Half-Blood and Percy Jackson was sleeping peacefully for once. No demigod dreams or haunting memories lurked in the corners of his mind.

After the Giant War things had quietened down. Training hadn't lessened much, for no one ever knew what could pop up. Hence Percy enjoyed his occasional sleep ins. But this morning he was woken early, the sound of his mother calling his name drifting through his subconscious. Slowly he opened his eyes. They wandered over the fountain that sat in the corner of his room. When he saw what was rising from the waters he jolted upright.

"Mum!" His mothers form flickered over his fountain. It took a moment to register that she was Iris Messaging him.

"Percy, finally." She sighed. Percy hurriedly covered his scarred chest. "Oh it's nothing I haven't seen before. Get over yourself." Percy felt his cheeks turning a bright pink.

"W-what are you calling in for?" Percy stammer, getting over his initial shock.

"Percy. I want you to come over as soon as possible." Percy blinked. Once. Twice.

"What? Why? Is everything okay?" Percy began sprouting questions, worrying instantly.

"I'll explain when you get here. I'm sorry, Percy."

"Yeah, okay. I'll be there soon as possible."

"Do you want Paul to come pick you up or something?"

"Nah it's alright. I'll just get Argus to give me a ride."

"See you soon. Love you Percy."

"Love you to mom." The image flickered and then faded.

Percy sighed and lay back down with a thump. A hand ran through his messy black hair as he ran through the possible problems. In the end he decided to just get up and go see for himself.

On his way to to Thalia's Tree he made a quick detour to the Athena Cabin. Percy poked his head through the window and saw his Wise Girl sitting on her bed, reading a book.

Typical.

He knocked on the door. No answer. Percy scoffed. Annabeth Chase was more interested in her book than whoever was at the door, so he barged on in.

"Morning Wise Girl!" Percy sang. Annabeth looked up in fright.

"Percy! Did you even knock?" She raised a doubtful eyebrow.

"Yep. But you didn't answer, so here I am. Listen, I don't have much time, but I've got to leave camp for a while."

Annabeth frowned. "Why do you have to go?"

"It's something with my mum. She wouldn't tell me what, just to be there soon, so I thought I'd stop by and let you know. Goodbye, and I love you." Percy said and leaned in, kissing Annabeth on the forehead.

"Is that all I get?" Annabeth asked incredulously, despite the warm smile sneaking up on her lips.

Percy leaned in again and this time he kissed her lips. The kiss was brief, but sweet.

"Love you too, Percy. Be safe."

"I will!" Percy yelled back, playful manner present again as he left.

Rolling her eyes, Annabeth stood up and watched him leave from the doorframe. One that he'd forgotten to close upon exiting.

Come home safe Percy.

~~~~

~ Edited by BookwormMDCCCXIII

Just because I've updated twice today, does not mean I'm about to start another updating spree like Rescue Remedy. I haven't even planned enough to finish this in 2 days like I did Rescue Remedy. Also school starts again tomorrow.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama