77. BUCKY: Christmas Miracle

A/N: Merry late Christmas! Hope everyone had a great holiday :)

I got two separate requests about another Christmas imagine! The first was by hazeleyedroleplayer to do a part two to the Steve Christmas story. The second was by BuckysGirl42 to do a BuckyxReader Christmas story where the reader was in the military and Steve brought her home for the holiday. So I decided to combine them: making this a sort of part two to the last story! Here the reader that's with Steve is called Rose, making the last chapter exist in this chapter's universe. But it's a year later and Bucky's found a boo (you!)

Thanks for reading! Love you all :)

-Winnie

Words: 2.2K

Tis the night before Christmas
And all of the Avengers team
Is happily reunited- all together at last...
Or so it may seem.

There is one soldier missing,
A girl so adored.
There's nothing in this world Sargent Barnes
Could ever want more.

Lovers since summer,
Best friends since spring.
She's the light within his night.
Her love is worth more to him than any other thing.

But she's gone far away
On a never ending mission.
Despite how hard she tries,
She knows she'll always miss him.

They both fight for their countries,
Near and far.
But it's Christmas Eve
And tonight that distance aches Bucky's heart especially hard.

For there's no one who Barnes could ever love more
A girl in green camo with a heart of gold.
Bucky's warm sunny day,
In a world that's gone cold.

Bucky Barnes had never given much thought to Christmas. Even last year, when living in Wakanda with Steve and the others, the holiday meant very little to him. Sure; he'd had a good time seeing everyone else so happy: especially his best friend who won the girl that day after a huge charade involving lots of mistletoe and tinsel. It'd been worth it though, because Stevie Boy got the girl. Now he's had her for the past year: little Rose Stark is Steve's other half. Bucky was happy for him, of course, but couldn't help but feel bad for himself as his buddy fell in love. He wanted someone in the way that Steve had Rose. And after their Wakandan Christmas celebration, Bucky found himself wishing New Year's Eve for something just as sweet as what Steve and Rose had. Whether it be love, friendship, or both. He didn't care. He just wanted someone to hold his heart.

Someone out there heard Bucky's wish. For within the next month a troop of touring American soldiers showed up on Wakandan soil. Among the brigade was Sargent Y/L/N: a bad ass American sniper and combat strategist. Her hair all pulled up under a cap and her face smudged in dirt and blood she'd been knocked to ground as she chopped her way through the jungle. Bucky had been the one to take her down. The two rolled and brawled through the mud until Steve had showed up to finish the job by tag teaming her. After being taken custody, the American troop was detained. The King couldn't risk anyone knowing where his secret compound was hidden.

Sargent Y/L/N was stubborn, strong-willed, and too smart for her own damn good. It only took two days of detainment for Bucky to realize he'd caught heart-eyes for the woman. She, on the other hand, didn't come to not-loathe Barnes until he'd been the one to offer her the chance to escape. It'd been against the will of the King and of Steve that Bucky tried to help her get away. He could've gotten them all arrested had Wanda not stopped them. At least one good thing came out of it: Bucky made a friend.