- training & telltales -

AT TRAINING THE NEXT DAY, Peter and Elenora found themselves working harder than ever- which was good because neither wanted to over think the events of a previous nights

As for Tony, he got over it; the anger had worn off into pride for little Elenora, who was finally standing up. He tried to insist that Pietro shouldn't go to hard on him, but with out a reason, Pietro just waved Tony off.

The training room seemed to be dimmer than past days, and except for Wanda and Pietro, the avengers were nowhere to be found. Neither Bucky or Steve would tell her what was going on, and as aggravating as it was, Elenora couldn't blame them. She was glad someone was looking out.

But that made it no less aggravating.  She and Peter were begging anyone-and everyone- to just tell them what was going on. To let them in on the action.

Whenever she saw disappointment on Peter's face, it drove her harder to ask questions, made her even more upset when she got no answers.

But during training, they did their best to focus- maybe if the others saw how much improvement  they made, they'd let the kids join. Peter had more hope than Elenora, who knew that Steve and Bucky would never  let her go.  Nevertheless, they both gave the twins a run for their money.

Pietro insisted he worked with both Elenora and Peter on running, and then Wanda could talk Elenora to help control her powers.

"They're much closer to yours, little sister."

The twins watched the two junior avengers run, and while Pietro watched with disappointment- "for enchanted capabilities, Wanda, you think the boy could go faster"- and Wanda watched them carefully. She assured her brother that she didn't think Peter was going full ability.

"I think he's slowing down to keep in pace with Elenora," she told him, and Pietro watched with disdain.

After the third sprint lap, Elenora was worn out, taking a break to stretch and drink water. Peter and Pietro talked behind her. Wanda walked up behind Elenora and tapped her shoulder, and the young girl turned around. "So," Wanda smirked, and Elenora immediately thought of Natasha. "A little birdie told me that there's a dance at your school tomorrow." Elenora smiled, but swallowed.

"Yeah," she confirmed, "but I'm not going."

Wanda cocked her head, "Why not?"

Elenora shrugged, standing straight up and reached for her water bottle. "I dunno, I don't know many people at that school. And it's not that appealing to me," she explained, then glanced over at Peter. "And besides," she added, "the last time one of us," a gesture towards Peter caught Pietro's eyes, "went to homecoming, a few things went wrong." At that point, both boys had turned to look at them.