Chapter Eight: Glimpse at Insanity

I sat on the edge of the roof, my legs dangling over the edge, wondering what had went wrong. What I could of done, what I could of done to help my friend. The question echoed in my head, over and over driving myself insane. This world was changing people, everyone's true colors were coming out and I didn't even know what mine were. I could only wonder what would push me to the edge, and make me react and turn into who I have to be to survive.

"Dan," T- Dog called out to me from the stairwell door. I looked over trying to conceal my face full of worry.
"Daryl got him to talk, we're headed out.... hope your shot is as good as you've promised."

Turning away and staring down at the road below, I took a deep breath. I knew now what would change me and I hoped that I would never have to do it. To take another humans life... that would change me and my perspective for life.
>>>
Rick, Daryl, and T-Dog walked the hostage towards the supposed hide out of the men that took Glenn. I was posted up on a hill with my rifle waiting to take a shot if needed.

In a few minutes a man came out, Rick and him talked for a few minutes before Rick looked towards me.
"Take the deal you son of a bitch," I growled out my finger ready to pull the trigger.
A moment later I noticed Glenn was suddenly on the roof, being held by a man, shoving him over the edge.
My breath stopped and I noticed my hand starting to shake once again, ignoring it I rose from the ground swinging my rifle around my shoulder. Walking the path I had took, I appeared behind my group and stormed past them towards the man.

"Daniel!" Rick exclaimed trying to stop me but I ignored him. I️ swung my rifle into my hands and pointed towards the mans head.

"Give us Glenn or I will put a bullet in your brain and take him," I snarled.
"Really? You kill me your friend is thrown off that building."
"You're right," Daniel sighed trying to convince the man by lowering his rifle before suddenly thrusting it upwards and into the mans face causing him to fall to the ground. Daniel stomped his foot on the mans chest and pointed the rifle at his house. Glaring at the two goons trying to rush forward Daniel exclaimed, " MOVE ONE MORE STEP AND HE DIES!"

They stopped in there tracks and Daniel clinched his shaking hand tighter on the gun.
"We have two hostages now," Daniel growled, " Now give us OUR MAN! OUR ILL BLOW YOUR FUCKING BRAINS OUT AND TAKE HIM BACK!"

"DANEIL!" Rick exclaimed rushing forwards. I sent a look towards him, which must of been a look of insanity as he took a hesitant step back in shock.
"I'm not dealing with some street gang SNATCHING PEOPLE OFF THE STREETS! Life lesson you don't think that the world going to shit means you moved up in the social ladder does it?" Daniel spat at the man.

"You're tripping, give us the guns and we will give you your man."

Daniel glared daggers at the man his finger shaking on the trigger.
"Give us our man and you live, that's the option here! Or don't and you and your little community here will be gone in seconds! Baseball bats against four shotguns, who do you think walks out of this?"

"Ok! Ok!" The lead man said, " Let's just go inside!"

Letting the man go Rick walked forward and stopped next to me, " You stay out here."
Narrowing my eyes and scoffing I turned around, " A simple good job would of been appreciated."

Some time passed and soon enough we were walking back towards the truck. I was behind Rick when I noticed the gun bag didn't have the usual amount of barrels sticking out of the top.