Chapter Thirty-Two

A/N: Hi everyone! Sorry I have been so MIA recently, I have had so much stress with my college assignments and then I got sick and anyone who has tried to write productively while nursing a cold will understand my pain at that.

I am so so sorry to make you wait but sometimes life has to come first :(

Thanks for hanging around though, I adore you all and I have NOT given up on this story! This story will have an ending, so prepare for it!

Anyway, I hope you love this chapter - I made it as long as I could - it's not too bad I don't think :)

                                   ~ ~ ~

“Have you heard of this before?” Derek asked.

“Bloodletting? Of course. The practice has been around for hundreds of years though to be used like this… well, that’s less common.” Deaton said.

“Have you ever heard of someone doing this to a supernatural before? I mean, could it be some other kind of creature?” Scott asked.

“It’s hard to say, I would have to do some research but that doesn’t explain the mountain ash. Historically this was used to purge the body of poison or as a cure for some illnesses. It was a very unreliable method though. In terms of someone using this on the supernatural I have read of it being done as a way of torture. You see in most cases the subject won't die, they’ll just grow very weak and survive in a hazy state, or they’ll be rendered unconscious.”

“Well how long can that go on for?” Jackson said.

“Until the victim’s body can’t take the stress anymore. For a werewolf that could last months, longer even, depending on how much blood is taken and how often.”

“So are you saying that my mother could potentially be alive?” Karissa asked, the hope coming back into her eyes.

“It’s hard to say without any more information.”

“So let’s go through the scenarios then…” Lydia started. “One, your mother was tortured and killed by someone or something back in that cabin. Two, she was tortured and taken to another location for some other purpose – unknown as of yet. Three… anyone want to help me out here?” She said.

“There’s too much to think about here, who, why, where… we basically just have questions with no way of answering them.” Jackson said.

“Then let’s go with what we do know.” Derek said. “It was Dalia’s blood that we found, most likely having been taken over an extended period of time. There was mountain ash in a circle just outside, meaning that whatever this was that did this has a knowledge of other supernatural things. Her body is gone, probably transported somewhere else, alive or not.”

“She’s got to be alive.” Karissa said, her arms folded over her chest.

“Well we need to cover all our options, even the ones we don’t want to.”

“Well then what the hell do we do?” She snapped.

“We wait for the others to get back and then we make a plan.” Derek said.

“Why do we have to wait? Why can’t we just start figuring this out now?” She said impatiently.

“We are a pack, we make decisions together.” Derek said, not moving from his point and she seemed to understand.