12; threats

YOU'RE NOT GONNA FEEL
SORRY FOR ME

❝ YOU'RE NOT GONNA FEELSORRY FOR ME ❞

She'd woken in bliss, muscles tingling with release, eyelids light as they flickered open. Not a muscle in her body ached, bar the slight stinging from the wound on her foot. The sheets wrapped around her like a chrysalis and Negan's large, sleeping body was still beside her, rolled onto his back with his thin lips parted. The blankets gathered on her side, leaving him bare, clad in nothing other than his checkered boxers.

Winona ran a hand down her face, rubbed her eyes and sat up on the bed. The sky was bright as it filtered through the grimy window. She'd never had such a tranquil feeling, other than maybe sitting on her oak in King County, watching the stream make its way south. Soft mattresses like the ones they slept on weren't so easy to come by. The ones back at Alexandria were rocks compared to what she had now.

The bed was warm and so was she, but fighting every urge she had, she rose and reached for the bottle of water by her bedside. Taking a few gulps, she walked to the sink and began swishing it around in her mouth. Her reflection was darkened by the dust covering the mirror. She looked the same as always, without the dark undereye bags. She smiled at her reflection.

It was a relief to be happy. Like a weight off her shoulders. There was a lingering sickness in her stomach, homesickness, the longing to see her grandmother again. Rick, and Carl. But there was nothing wrong with being happy. Especially when she had her plan, and she knew she'd be getting out; bearing insulin in the process.

It was foolproof. She'd slip out while she could. At least he couldn't say she was stealing. She was earning her own insulin, spending her weekly points on mostly the medication her town needed and getting by with scraps of food from the cafeteria.

She made a mistake, stealing from Negan. A grave mistake that could have cost her her life. If she was going to trick him, she was going to do it as honestly as she could. He was worried she would give up the Sanctuary's location, that the saviors would be under attack if her group found out where they resided. She wouldn't tell them. Underneath, Negan was a good guy with good intentions. As long as you were on his side.

She walked to the drawers across from the bed. If she had any luck there would be clothes left over from the person that slept there when the outbreak started. The first few shirts were oversized, an extra large in men's, but there were a couple smaller shirts. One was V neck black tee.

She reached down in an X, across her stomach, and pulled her shirt up halfway, then stopped. She wasn't wearing a bra, so she peeked over her shoulder to make sure he was still sleeping. She almost jumped when she found him propped up against the pillow, eyes half open and a hand behind his head. He had a lazy smile as his fingers tapped against his stomach.

"Keep going sweetheart, I'm still sleeping." He closed his eyes.

Scowling, Winona marched to the side of the bed and scooped up her bra and jeans from the floor. Negan peeked one eye open and ran his gaze up and down her body, then let out a grating chuckle.