72 - Small Seed

"My father finally came back but father will leave me alone again... wuwuwu..." A voice of a child had once again reverberated on the hall. 

The group felt their scalp go numb as they slowly turn their body back to the open hall to the direction of the gigantic tree. 

"...Father doesn't remember Small Seed now?" The green leaves of the tree are now giving off a resplendent golden light. Its branches are swaying to the rhythm of the words coming from the mysterious voice of the child.

Everyone in the group dared not to move nor retreat as the entire hall was enveloped with heavy pressure. They panned their eyes everywhere but the owner of the voice is nowhere to be found.

"Senior... may I know what is it you need? Maybe we can help you..." Laur moved a step forward and bowed his head respectfully. He may sound calm with the way he delivered his words but in reality, his hands were both trembling in pressure.

"I don't need anything! I want to talk with my father..." The voice retorted quickly like a child throwing a tantrum.

Yulrir felt a thug in his heart and can't help but to look directly at the gigantic tree. It was a weird feeling but he felt like he has heard this voice before. 

"Maybe from a dream?" Yulrir mumbled to himself as he held Theo's arm tighter.

Theo noticed how restless Yulrir is from the moment they arrived at the temple. He hugged his wife with both of his arms and caressed his back in a soothing manner. For some reason, Yulrir's heartbeat calmed down the moment Theo had enveloped him in a hug. The group was too preoccupied with the mysterious child's voice so they heed no mind with the couple's intimate display.

"Your father? Senior... We have no idea who your father is... If you could give us an information about him, we might be able to find him..." Laur responded politely with a hint of sincerity in his voice.

The mysterious child's voice didn't respond but in a few breaths of time, the gigantic ancient tree had given off a blinding light enshrouding the entire hall. Everyone in the temple was forced to shut their eyes. 

"Se-senior?" Laur was the first one to peek and was relieved to see that everyone is in one piece.

"..."

"Where's the tr--?" 

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!" Fenella shouted in a high-pitched tone.

Everyone stared at the direction where Fenella is pointing at. 

"A-a-a-a--- fl-flooatingg--- chi-child?!" Eavan seemed to lose it as well and shrieked.

"A vengeful ghost!!!" Valmont added in the panic-fray.

"SMALL SEED IS NOT A GHOST!!!" The child floating in the mid-air said pouting.

The group was stunned as they realized that the child had the same voice as the mysterious voice earlier. The child has a green apple-colored hair and crystal-like golden eyes. He had a five-leaf clover huadian red mark on his forehead which compliments his fairy skin.  He looked like a child favored by the heavens.

(A/N: Huadian refers to the ornamental markings that can be usually seen on the forehead or cheeks.)

"S-senior?! Aaahh-- We are here to greet senior..." Laur was the first one to react and cupped his fist forward to greet.

Upon seeing their leader's actions, the other members of the group had followed suit.

"Aaaaahhh! Father is not allowed to bow before me!!!" The child had panicked and went towards the group and landed on the ground.