A Promise

Nathaniel's (POV)

I had such a good night of sleep.

As I woke up this morning, I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday.

"I'm happy that I can call her my girlfriend from now on."

As I finish taking my morning shower, I hear a knock on the front door.

While I head to answer the door, completely forgeting that I only had a towel wrapped around my waist.

"Good morni-- Oh gosh!" Saige says as she covers her eyes.

"What is-- Oh!" I say when I look down and just realized that I should have put some pants on or something before answering the door.

"Sorry, I just got out the shower. Um, why don't you come in, while I put some clothes on." I say and she nods, while looking at the ground. Why does everything she do look so delectable.

As I get dressed, I can't stop thinking about all that's happened so far. I never thought that I'd ever fall in l--love and now I can finally express it. I never expected that I'd ever use that word, but she actually changed me completely.

"I never thought I'd actually call Bethany in." I say to myself.

As I head back downstairs, Saige is sitting on the couch fittiling with the hem of her skirt. Geesh, why does she have to look so beautiful.

As I clear my throat she turns around and stands up.

"Good morning Mr. Winston." She says and I frown.

"What's wrong?" She asks and I wrap an arm around her waist while giving her a peck on her cheek.

"I've never heard of anyone who calls there boyfriend by Mr."

"Even if we're dating, it's a work day and this is my first real job, so right now it isn't the time for boyfriend and girlfriend. We should stay professional during work hours." She says and I pout.

"Now, I think we should get going, you shouldn't be late." She says trying to get out of my grasp, which she should have guest by now that it isn't so easy.

"Not until I get a proper kiss on the lips." I say showing my smooth side.

"I'll kiss you later, but not during work hours Mr. Winston." She says and I pout again.

"I guess we'll just stay like this all day then." I say and fake a sigh while slowly walking back to my bedroom.

"Fine!" She says giving up and then giving me small peck.

"What was that? I asked for a kiss not a peck." I say and then dip her.

"Mr.--" As she tries to say something, I shut her up by placing my lips on to hers.

At the office

As we enter the elevator, I am still receiving the silent treatment from Saige.

"I know you want me to apologize, but then you're going to say I don't mean it so I'll just be honest. I have no regrets of kissing you like that at all and I know you're trying not to enjoy it to be professional but," this time I turn her around so she is facing me.

"I don't really care about being professional. Yeah I would like the work to be done smoothly and to be professional, but only during meetings and stuff, but other than that, I want to show off my girlfriend to everyone and I want you to stop calling me Mr. Winston or anything formal when we're alone. I officially have a real girlfriend for the first time and I want to be able to get embarrassed by those cheesy names couples come up with and enjoy each other's company at the end of the day." As I finish my speech, I am surprised that I received a small peck on the cheek.