Chapter 53

Hey guys!

I'm happy to get a new chapter up for you this soon. Up there you can see a picture of Kyle!

I think you guys will enjoy this chapter, it was a fun one to write!

I love you guys lots and want to thank you all for reading, commenting, and voting! I wouldn't be anywhere without you all <3

Enjoy!

***

Jennifer's POV -

The first thing that I feel when my eyes finally open is pain.

It seems to be everywhere - in my head, my legs and arms, even in my chest.

I let out a groggy moan, my stomach twirling in unison with the room in front of me. For a moment, I feel as though I might throw up.

Then, everything begins to come back to me.

Waking up in the small room surrounded by Death Eaters, the horrible offer that they'd made me, fighting my way out and using every ounce of energy I'd had until I could no longer hold myself upwards. And finally, getting away. I remember the darkness that had fallen over the room just as Antonin had charged towards me, the way my heart had contorted in fear, and finally, the person who'd come to rescue me; the face that appeared in front of me had belonged to...

"Kyle?!"

Suddenly, his sharp and angular head is hovering directly above me, his olive hued eyes peering down into mine.

I shoot upwards, and our heads knock together painfully.

"Shit!" Kyle calls from a few feet away, stumbling backwards.

The impact had only caused more agony to pulse through my head. I wince, and rub at my temple softly, the room spinning in front of me in a trance-like motion.

It's only then that I recognize my surroundings as Kyle's dorm. I vaguely remember the blandness and soft white color from the night of the truth or dare game, when Blu had dared Kyle to bring me up into his room for 10 minutes. The memory causes an unsettling shiver to sweep through my body.

"Sorry." I say unconsciously, pushing myself against his headboard into a painful sitting position; each part of my body seems to be raw and aching.

"It's fine." He responds quietly from across the room.

My eyes sweep around his dorm. The only thing that seems to have changed about the neutral room is a small brown briefcase, now setting on top of his dresser and propped open against the wall. I lean forward, trying to get a peek at what's inside, but Kyle sits on the top of duvet in front of me, blocking my view.

With an exasperated sigh, I sink back onto the uncomfortable headboard.

"So, tell me what part of 'don't ever come near me again' did you not understand?" I say, suddenly recalling our last conversation. He'd tried to kiss me - something that I still haven't fully recovered from yet. But compared to recent events, it isn't quite my most pressing issue anymore.

"You would've rather me not have saved your life?" He says casually, rising off of the bed and pacing towards the open briefcase.