Chapter Forty Five

I hope you can still remember where we are....

I am too shy to even blab just please enjoy reading 🙈🙈🙈

Safaa endlessly wished her parents can assume her place and realise how unbearable her situation is,how it's suffocating her every single minute and how it's slowly eating her up.It's making her feel empty,the aching of her heart usually keeps her on the bed in the morning,afraid that when she stands up her heart will crumble completely.

Safaa finds it hard to ignore the pain and the emotional trauma her heart is in can only be cured by Ahmad alone.

But nobody seems to understand her plight.

She wiped her tears and took her granny's hand in her own,her eyes pleading with her grandmother to understand her pain.

"Inna" Safaa hiccuped.

"A'ah I don't want to hear a word,just do as your father said,In shaa Allah everything will be alright soon"

Safaa nodded,weakly stood up and walked to the nearest bathroom to wash her tear-stained face.Remembering what her Mama told her about her appearance,she looked at herself in the mirror and stared at a completely different person.Her eyes which twinkled with happiness few weeks ago now look dilated.Her lips,chapped like that of one who had been lost in a desert for days.Her skin looks so pale that one could mistake her for a ghost.

She washed her face in an attempt to get rid of the redness in her eyes to avoid her Mama's reprove and then quickly bade her grandma goodbye.

"You'll meet another time in shaa Allah" Inna consoled her after she walked her to the front door.

She didn't say a word to her but attempted a smile which didn't reach her hollow eyes.When Safaa passed her husband's car she felt like Inna was joking,that Ahmad will come out from wherever he's hiding and hug her until she feels the heartache no more.Realising she spent almost two minutes scrutinizing an empty car,Safaa dragged her legs back to her prison.It's her Baba's house but she feels caged and suffocated in there.

She salaamed and entered the living room,her eyes downcast not wanting to meet her Mama's

Mama watched with a broken heart as Safaa trudged into the living room not minding to have a glimpse of the occupants of it and it tore her heart to see her darling daughter so broken and lost yet she cannot let her go back to a place where no one knows her worth. 

"Safaa didn't you see Abidah?" She shouted making Safaa abruptly stop by the staircase.

"Abidah? where?" Safaa held the rail to catch her breath.

"Mtsss I didn't know missing your husband has made you blind" Mama stood up and walked to the kitchen.

Safaa sat near Abidah and refused to have eye contact with her,she's still mad at Abidah because she's the one who informed her mother about her situation.

"I did it for your sake Safaa" Abidah said as if reading her thoughts.

"My sake?" Safaa let out a dry chortle.