CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Thank you guys so much for 62k reads! 😩😍

Chapter 17

- Ace King -

When Mia was finished changing after she had taken a shower, I told her to stay in the room. She asked what was wrong, but I lied, saying that everything was fine.

"Ace, you can't just keep me locked in here," she protested, trying to get out of the room, but I blocked her way.

"Yes I can. And you will," I demanded. Mia glared at me, crossing her arms over her chest before she sighed.

"Fine." She grabbed the door, and slammed it right in front of my face.

I'll deal with her later.

I wish I could tell Mia, but I didn't want her getting involved. Everything has been fine for years, so why now?

I groaned, and made my way back outside. If Mia wasn't here, I'd kill him the moment I saw him. When I walked outside, his yacht was already right beside mine.

"Louis," I spat, clearly showing him that I wasn't exited to see him.

"Aw, come on," he cooed. "smile for once."

"I smile, just not when you're around," I snapped. He chuckled, and jumped over to my yacht.

Great. Now I have to sanitize everything he touches.

Louis and I have always hated each other. I guess it was because our fathers hated each other as well.

It's a long story to explain why they hated each other, but long story short, Louis's dad, Fredric, forced my mom into doing something. And let's just say my dad wasn't happy about it. I was only seven when it happened.

I remember how my mom was too scared to go outside without dad by her side. But like always, he made sure that she wasn't harmed by anything, or anyone.

And that wasn't the only reason why my father and I hated them. He told me how Fredric was a manipulative person, and how he abused his money on other people. He also told me about his ex-girlfriend and what he did to her.

Fredric used to have a girlfriend, but the only reason he stayed with her was to get her pregnant so he had a heir to his business.

I pitied the woman when my father told me because she was too blinded by love that she would always forgive him for every screw up, or one night-stand he had.

Eventually, when she unfortunately gave birth to Louis, Fredric left her. Saying that there was no use for her anymore.

"Don't be so rude, Ace. Can I not see a friend once in a while?"

"Piss off," I growled.

He chuckled, and made his way over here until he stood a few feet in front of me. He lips were curved up into a hideous smirk as his eyes pierced into mine.

"Pretty girl, by the way. What's her name? Mia, is it? I—"

Before he could finish his sentence, I was already gripping his shirt tightly, wanting to chock him to death.