Chapter Thirty-Two

Where did all my readers go?! Oh well, here's a (hopefully) better chapter than the last one.

I knock a few times on the wooden door of the apartment. After the second knock, Alexander appears in the doorway with a grin on his face.

"Hey!" he says cheerfully.

"Well aren't you in a good mood?" I say with a small smile.

He opens the door to his apartment so I can walk in. He just moved out of our house two nights ago, and I haven't talked to him since.

When I step inside the apartment, I notice how empty it is. Except for basic appliances in the kitchen and a small wooden table in the dining area, there is nothing when I first walk in.

I follow Alexander into the living room, where all there sits in a flatscreen television and a single mattress on the floor.

"Nicole is still off on a modeling thing so I don't have any of my furniture yet. It'll look a lot better in a few days." He says, awkwardly putting his hands in his pockets.

I sit down on the edge of the mattress and Alexander flops down beside me. He lays back, staring up at me when his back hits the mattress.

The flatscreen behind us is playing some movie I am unfamiliar with, so I turn around to watch it. When I do, Alexander yanks my arm so I am forced down on my stomach.

He laughs when I slam against the bare mattress. I throw my hand back and slap his chest, pulling it back in pain when it hits.

I try to pay attention to the movie on the screen. I raise my eyebrows when I see a small, extremely familiar blond boy.

The boy, wearing a baseball uniform, is talking to another character on screen.

"Is that you?" I ask with a laugh.

Alexander weakly smiles, his face turning red. "Yeah..."

"Aww, you were so tiny and adorable." I say.

He lays his face down into the mattress to hide his embarrassment. I laugh a little as "Little Alexander" throws a baseball in the movie. He's so cute.

Alexander mumbles something, but I can't hear him through the mattress. I lay down so I am eye level with him. "What?"

He pokes his head up to look at me and smiles a little. "If you want to talk about me being adorable, let's take a minute and discuss Orphan."

"Let's not." I say immediately. I can never get a break from that movie.

"But you were so-"

"Look at Little Xander!" I say, pointing to the screen.

Alexander groans and lays his head back down into the mattress. He repeatedly runs his hands through his blond hair, which is unusually messy.

I try to tune in to the movie, but I lose interest when Little Alexander disappears offscreen. I've never been a fan of sports movies.

I feel a vibration against the mattress and watch as Alexander picks up his phone. He only glances at the text message before throwing the phone back against the mattress.

I rolls eyes and pick up the phone, looking at the message.

Hey, asshole, if you don't come and get your stuff I will throw it in the damn dumpster.

Obviously Nicole.

"I really don't want to go over there." Alexander mumbles into the mattress.