Togther At Last: Chapter 19

(Don't play song yet)

McKenzies POV

"What the hell do you mean them? Who's freaking there Jake?!"

"Black suits"

Is all he said before I finally got go the memo. No way.

"No no no, you've got to be kidding me. This can't be happening right now"

I needed to call Nathan but I'm guessing he didn't have his phone since he called from someone else's.

"Mom, call 911"

"Jake how many are there?"

Kyle says urgently to my best friend as he walked into the kitchen grabbing some things.

"About five"

"Gosh this bitch is insane"

He says, opening one of the drawers and grabbing a knife.

"Jake, over here"

The banging continued as he made his way into the kitchen next to Kyle who handed him a knife.

"Babe, take Kriss and your mom into your room and hide in the closet. Don't any one of you guys come out unless Jake or I say so"

My eyes go wide once I realize exactly what he was about to do.

"I'm not leaving you guys here!"

"Do what he said McKenzie"

My best friend says, using my full name. His glare was hard as he looked at me just waiting for me to argue back.

"Look, we'll hold em off. At least till the police get here. Okay?"

"Okay"

I say reluctantly, trapping Jake into a huge hug before going to my boyfriend and pecking him on the lips.

"Promise me you'll be safe. We'll be waiting for you"

I whisper in his ear.

"I promise"

After a little more disagreement between Kriss and Jake, I lead them to my room and we crouch down inside the closet. It was silent as we wait for the war to begin.

"Open up before we do it!"

One of the men says from outside the apartment door. I shut my eyes tight, huddling up to Kriss and my mom.

"They'll be fine McKenzie, he promised"

The sound of something crashing to the ground makes us all flinch before realizing it was the door to my apartment. Gosh I hope they're ok.

Jakes POV

"Kyle put a chair over the door knob, hopefully that'll buy us some time"

I say, holding a knife in my hand while twisting it with my index finger and thumb on the tip. This is seriously the last straw that I have for Natalie. I hope she's here to so I can rip her throat out.

"You have any experience with fighting?"

Kyle asks. I look at him with the look as to why he just chose to asks me that. Not even a question.

"Duh dude. Even if I didn't, no one hurts the people I love"

He nods his head in agreement. At that moment the door crashed to the floor and revealed the men in black suits. Yeah, this shit is definitely getting old.