New Years Eve

Well, just pretend that song is being sung by The Mortals, not Kelly Clarkson.
***********************************************

Annabeth POV

After staying for Tyson's birthday, Seaweed Brain and Sally convinced me to stay over for the holidays. Besides, my dad wouldn't have cared and would've been too busy anyways.

Sally and Percy had no other relatives coming, except Sally's boyfriend named Paul, who seemed very nice and sweet. It was four hours from New Years Eve and Tyson was running around like he was having a sugar rush. Which was Percy's fault for making so much blue cookies. He had finally learned to bake some stuff and I helped him.

I was staying in one of the guest bedrooms at the house. It was cool to hang out with Percy, his caring mom, and adorable little brother.

Today was New Year. The huge Christmas tree Sally had gotten stood next to the window, gleaming with lights and turtle and snowman ornaments. There were decorations everywhere around the house. There was even a cute, small sleigh on the snowy front yard.

I had woke extra early to bake breakfast for the Jacksons as a thank you for letting me stay over. As I came downstairs, I noticed Sally already making blue pancakes. I still couldn't get used to seeing blue colored food. Percy had told me a relative once told him when he was little, that there was no such thing as blue food. So Sally made Percy blue cookies and ever since they made blue colored food like it was a family tradition.

"Good morning, Annabeth!" Sally greeted me with a huge smile on her face.

"Good Morning, Sally," I replied back to her. She insisted I call her Sally instead of Ms. Jackson.

"Would you like me to help you with breakfast?" I asked her.

"Sure, can you set the table?" She asked and and I nodded.

I got the syrup and other ingredients out and set the table as I heard four thumps coming from the stairs. Two sets of feet.

"Pancakes!!!" Percy and Tyson both yelled immaturely as they entered the kitchen.

Seaweed Brain had messier hair than usual, except it only made him look cuter.

I chuckled. I was still not used to seeing Seaweed Brain in Sebastian from The Little Mermaid robes.

We all sat down as Sally passed out plates of pancakes out too us.

Percy POV

Annabeth was staying over with us over the holidays. I had never been happier. Annabeth and my family.

I chuckled as I came downstairs for breakfast and saw Annabeth's cute owl robes. I still wasn't used to seeing them.

------------------------

It was 8 pm and we had turned on the tv to see The New Year Celebration with Valentina Diaz in New York. We had already brought over champagne, (and orange juice for Tyson), to the tables and the confetti poppers were prepared. A feast was set on the table, including some blue cookies I really wanted to devour.

Honestly, there was way too much food on that table for five people. I wonder how we'd eat it? I actually had an idea about that.