Chapter Five

"Wow," Angelic says as she stops playing with her hair. Stunned and surprised by my confession about the arrangement and the fact that the company is going down, Anglic seems to be having a hard time drowning the information and that is minus my obsession with Ethan.

The first thing I did this morning, at the stroke of eight, was to call her immediately and ask to drop by. After a sleepless night and staying awake thinking about nothing and everything, I eventually got out of the bed and started my day.

When Ethan dropped me off last night at our cottage house, I couldn't uniform my thoughts. We shared an awkward goodbye moment. Through the years, I've never been affected by his womanizing behavior, but I was deeply affected as I stood there under the moonlights as I watched him drive off. I apprehended that until our next meeting, he would most likely sleep with other girls, he would look at them and smile at them. And it bothered. It bothered me because if things go as they are, we may end up marrying and I could not bring myself into believing that my husband does not look at me the same way he looks at the others. I could not bring myself into believing he had many intimate relationships at which he denies me the same privilege.

Jealousy, that green-eyed monster. A voice whispers in the back of my head and I 'm too proud to acknowledge it.

"What did Mary say about this?" Angelic asks,

"She seems happy about it. I've overheard them talking and she was thrilled to have me as her daughter-in-law," I explain,

"Well, I don't blame her," she expresses the same idea as I had. One gives the benefit of the doubt to those one sympathizes.

"There is more to it. But before I say anything, I want you to understand that you happen to first person I'm confessing, hold no judgment against me." I take a deep breath. Angelic looks calm despite her adventurous and dramatic spirit. Although, I would appreciate a distraction right about now. "Our families used to hang out. Ethan and I used to spend time with together, playing, swimming. He used to teach me how to do stuff properly. It all stopped, as you know. But, I found myself growing closer to him, seeking him. I found myself having a crush on him. I mean who wouldn't. But this marriage deal makes me confused. I don't want to show how appreciative I am that he and I can get closer. He already hates me enough; the least could happen is him finding my obsession with him. But I like him,"

"Girl, that ain't like. You in love with 'im," There goes the Angelic I know. For I moment, I thought my tale of woe has given a massive heart attack and she's lost herself, "Why you didn't tell me? Girl, these are some sh*t I should know about!" she exclaims.

"Please, stop. I'm already embarrassed about it enough," I cover my face with hands, "For God's sake, I'm twenty-four and I still have a crush. I should grow up."

"Yo, nobody has told me about this grown-up thing. I have three crushes and two husbands," she claps her hands dramatically.

"Lemme guess, imaginary husbands," I roll my eyes,

"B*tch, who you're calling imaginary? Chris Pine is very much real. Almost too real," she says, making me laugh, as I lean back and cover my eyes.

"Oh, god, you make me forget about all my pains. What would I do without you?" I heave deeply.

"That's what friends are for. Lemme know if you need anything. I'm always here for you, you know that?" she puts her hand on my shoulder,

"Yeah, thank you," I smile at sadly, glad that she has somehow managed to misdirect our subject and let me forget about this for a minute.