The Guy Who Gave Up His Jersey (2)

    “What's so wrong with Alejandro hitting on you?” Demi asked as she took the cup of tea from the tray.

    “Gee, I don’t know. Maybe it’s something to do with the fact that he hits on the entire female population at school,” I snapped at her, sliding the cups down to my friends.

      After I left school, I went to my mom’s café fuming. I helped her around until school let out. To my surprise, my friends decided to come over for a break, as well. Besides, Gabriela, Demi and Olive were my best friends. They were like me; they knew the Playbook by memory. If we wanted to, we could  bring down the players.

        I glanced over at the massive clock hanging on the opposite wall. It was five minutes until six, which meant that in an hour or two, I could take off. The tables weren't all that busy, and only a couple of people actually wanted to drink something. Most of them were either on their phones or using their laptops.

     I decided to take a break and sit down for a couple of minutes with the girls.

     “But then again, Alejandro isn’t the type of guy who hits on girls. Girls hit on him and he just plays along,” Gabriela noted, sipping on her tea.

      Olive whipped her head around to face Gabriela.

    “You have a really good point there. He doesn’t hit on girls on his own. He waits for them to come to him,” Olive agreed.

               Olive was the short, quiet, honest girl in the group. She tried her best to keep out of  the whole game that was going on, but every now and then, she stepped in.

     Olive was the Head Master of the Letterman jackets. Every time we had a new guy come in, she gave them their corresponding white jacket. Then after the little pricks went along with their business with the female population, Olive changed the jackets in accordance to the color.

       Demi picked up her black long hair and tied it back into a bun. She and Olive looked so much alike, they could pass by as sisters. It was actually the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw them. They were both short, with long, dark hair. Hell, they even had the same body shape. Sometimes I even get confused when they both have their backs to me.

       “But it still doesn’t explain why he's hitting on me!” I whined, plopping down on a chair.

     “Maybe he just wants to bang your brains out,” Demi blurted out, removing the spoon out of her mouth.

     We all turned around and looked at her, mouths wide open.

     “What? I would want to bang his brains out,” she responded.

     I gave her a weird side-long glance. Sometimes I wondered how I got stuck being friends with these girls.

           “Why don't you just play along? I personally think it would be fun,” Gabriela said, shrugging her shoulders.

   I ran my fingers through my black hair. “Fun? Every time I see him, I want to cut him!” I responded, aggravated.

        Just imagining his stupid smirk and the way he put his hands on me caused my blood to boil. Out of all the jerks in the entire school, Alejandro had to be the one pushing my buttons. The only reason I hadn’t smashed my fist into his pretty face was because the moment I did, I would have hundreds of girls hunting me down.

   “Why don’t you play with him?” I heard Demi say.

   We all brought our attention to her. She looked at us, sighing.