Prologue

Donna Noble rolled her eyes at her father when he linked his arm through hers. She changed it hopefully discreetly, and he looked at her in embarrassment. "Sorry," he whispered.

Donna straightened and put on a smile when the organist began to play the Wedding March. She smiled at everyone as her father began to walk her down the church's aisle. A strange noise broke through the music, and Donna looked around in confusion. She then felt a tingling, and she looked down to see gold rushing up her skin. She stopped short and screamed before she disappeared into golden sparkles and zoomed away.

***

Jessie held her hands to her mouth and turned away from the console. She didn't react when the Doctor squeezed her shoulder sympathetically before moving around the console. She leaned against the coral structures, struggling with the fact that her best friends were now gone. She slid down the structure to the floor, burying her face in her arms as her tears kept flowing.

In fact, the only time she took notice of anything was when the Doctor squeaked in shock. "What?" he asked.

Jessie sniffed and looked up, and she stiffened when she saw a ginger all in white with a veil in the TARDIS. "Oh, that's just not fair!" she said dryly. "Why did that have to happen?"

The figure turned, and she squeaked as well. "Oh!"

"What?" the Doctor repeated, still staring in shock.

Jessie slowly stood. "Doctor?"

"Who are you?" the ginger demanded.

"But - " the Doctor protested, looking at the console.

"How the hell did that happen?" Jessie asked.

"Where am I?" the ginger asked, looking from the Doctor to Jessie.

"What?" Jessie asked blankly.

The ginger turned to her angrily. "What the hell is this place?" she almost roared.

The Doctor and Jessie turned to each other and said the same thing at the same time.

"What?!"

***

And here comes the prologue of the story, with "The Runaway Bride" coming . . . who knows when? :P

But let's get this show on the road!