Mycroft -Christmas- An intimidating Santa

A/N

Oh, btw, glühwein is a hot and really sweet, absolutely amazing German wine-ish drink that is drunk on Christmas.

***

'Oh won't you look at that!' I cried out happily. 'Beautiful, isn't it?' Mycroft said with a smile and watched the amazingly decorated Christmas tree in the middle of the square. It was the biggest tree I had ever seen and certainly the most beautiful one.

I nodded my head excitedly. 'Yes, it's wonderful. Just like this evening. Thanks again for taking me here, Mycroft, I sure love it.' He smiled warmly at me. 'Oh, it's nothing. I'm glad you like it.' We looked around the Christmas market in pure delight. All those lights were so pleasant to our eyes and the atmosphere here was amazing. All around me were people talking and cheering in German and I looked at Mycroft with an asking face who translated some of the words for me. My German wasn't that great, so I was glad to have Mycroft around.

He handed me some freshly bought Glühwein and I took a sip of the sweet mixture. 'Mmm, great!' I said and started walking, searching for another nice but useless thing to buy. And there were tons of those things around here. 'Do you really need that?' I heard Mycroft say as he stared at the singing Santa-doll in my hands. 'No, I don't... but come on! It's singing!'

Mycroft shook his head but with a smile on his face and the sweetly singing Santa ended up in the bag in my hand, ready to be placed in our home when we got there. Mycroft seemed to enjoy the Christmas market a lot, even though he showed it in his own silent way. I was over-excited and jumped around the market like a little kid, blame it on the date, blame it on the lights or perhaps even on the Glühwein.

'Look! Over there!' I shouted out and pointed in the distance. 'No, we're not going that way.' Mycroft said but I took him by the glove and dragged him with me towards the big fat man with the long white beard. The man seemed to beckon us to him. We reached Santa Claus who laughed his famous 'ho ho ho'- laugh happily. 'Come here, you two. Come sit on my lap and tell me what you want for this Christmas so I can give it to you. Well, only if you're not on the Naughty List, of course.' And the 'ho ho ho'-laugh followed again.

Mycroft just stared at the jolly man, frozen, not making any attempt whatsoever to go and sit on Santa's lap. I pushed him towards Santa. 'Come on, Mycroft! You can't make Santa wait!' And, encouraged by fifty German parents and their happy children, Mycroft was escorted to Santa.

He reluctantly sat on Santa's lap and I immediately took a picture of the jolly Saint and my grumpy Mycroft for it was quite a sight to see. 'Ah, well finally.' Said Santa Claus.

There was something familiar to Santa Claus. I seemed to recognise his voice. 'And Mycroft Holmes, what do you want for Christmas?' Said Santa. 'Nothing.' Answered Mycroft grumpily. 'Nothing?' Asked Santa confused. 'Haven't you been good this year? Let me see...' The man opened a great book and looked at it.

'Holmes, Mycroft Holmes. Ah, here it is! Ohh, yes, you have been a naughty boy, haven't you, Mycroft? Always being grumpy to everyone around you; to John, Mrs, Hudson, and your brother...' Santa shook his head. 'Not good.'

Then he looked up to face Mycroft who tried to escape from Santa's lap. 'Have you got an explanation for your bad behaviour?' Mycroft looked away. 'Well, do you?' Tried Santa again.

'No.' Muttered Mycroft, becoming even more grumpy. 'No, Santa Clause.' Said Santa sternly. 'No, Santa Claus.' Repeated Mycroft obediently.

'Well,' continued the jolly man, 'you still are on the Nice-list, and that's because of that lovely woman standing over there. Do you know her, Mycroft? Why, of course you do! Do you know what her wish was? Can you guess? She wishes you to be happy this Christmas, and I'm going to make that happen by giving you a gift. Sweet creature, isn't she? She has been on the Nice-list all her life! Well, except one year but that's irrelevant.'

Santa and Mycroft both smiled at me and that warmed my heart.

'Well, Mycroft,' Said Santa who held his prisoner tightly, 'you will get a present on Christmas. But first, listen to my advice: Be nice to people, sing more Christmas songs, and don't intimidate people too much on Christmas! Savvy?' Mycroft nodded slightly. 'Good, now, off you go!'

Mycroft jumped off and got away as fast as he could. He grabbed my hand and jogged away with me, trying to get away as fast as he could. 'Stupid idiotic man!' Said Mycroft. I stopped walking. 'Did you just called Santa "stupid" and "idiotic"? He isn't!' I smiled.

Mycroft dragged me with him and smiled cutely. We walked on over the Christmas market. 'Fine, he isn't. I just can't believe I just got intimidated by a way too happy Saint in a red monkey-suit.'

I felt the singing Santa-doll in the bag I was holding and smiled.

A/N

Do you remember that chapter in which I said that Mycroft would go to Germany on vacation? Well, if you're planning to go to Germany with Mycroft, go on Christmas. The Christmas markets there are so great! They're like a Christmas fairytale!

I can't imagine how it would be in America, probably just as amazing! Honestly, Germany is beautiful during Christmas and strolling around the market and sitting on a strangely familiar Santa's lap with Mycroft is even better.

Please vote, comment and eat!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Catch you later!

-MS