Greg -Christmas- But baby, it's cold outside

We both lay down on the couch, hands on our stomachs, smiles on our faces. Christmas dinner was a great success and now we felt the consequences. I chuckled. 'I'm not going to move for the rest of the week.' I said happily. 'Me neither.' Said Greg and wrapped his arms around me. 'That means we will be here together for week.'

I smiled at him. 'I suppose it does. I'm just glad I'm not out there.' I said and pointed at the window with my head. Outside, snow was falling down quickly. I do believe there was a heavy blizzard going on. It was cold and the wind blew really hard. I think everyone who was foolish enough to go outside would fall because of the wind, if it wasn't because of the slippery paths.

'Yes,' agreed Greg, 'here we're warm and cosy. I wouldn't go outside for all the gold in the world.' Just after he said that, the bell rang. 'Who could that be?' I asked. Greg shrugged his shoulders. 'I don't know. It's probably not important anyway.' I rose. 'Let me see whether it's important or not.'

I opened the door and the cold greeted me evilly. The open door showed me eight jolly men, women and children singing. 'We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!' Sang the group. I smiled brightly. 'Merry Christmas to y'all too! Come in for a moment, you all look so cold and frozen. Sit and drink some tea before you leave.' I offered and the eight happily walked in, warming themselves around the fire and the many candles. I brought them some Christmas cookies and tea.

'How kind of you!' Said one of the eight as I handed her a cup of tea. 'Oh, it's Christmas, isn't it? I noticed that you needed some warming up.' I said and sat down next to Greg on the couch. One of the men looked down. 'Actually,' he said, ' we need two more members. We were with ten, but two of us canceled just before showtime. Now our songs aren't the same anymore.'

I looked at Greg with a smile on my face.

He looked at me with fear in his eyes.

My smile became brighter.

He shook his head but it was too late. 'We could join in!' I said happily. 'Really?' said the man. 'That'd be great! Do you really want to go out there in the cold to sing with us?' I nodded and wanted to stand up in order to grab my coat and scarf, but Greg held me back. 'But darling, it's cold outside!' He complained.

'We've got to go away.' I said in defence.

Greg looked at me and did not move away from the couch. I rose. 'We really can't stay.' Greg looked away. 'But...baby, it's cold outside.' He muttered. I moved towards him and placed my hands on his cheeks. 'The evening has been, so very nice.' He took my hands. 'I'll hold your hands they will be just like ice.' He tried.

I pushed him up and handed him his coat. 'Come with me, nightingale, and let's sing with them.'

And so we went outside, carolling in the snow until our limbs seemed to freeze off. But it was really fun and we made many people happy with our voices, though Greg sometimes sung a bit out of the tone. That only made people laugh, and to see them all being so cheerful, that's what the Christmas spirit is, isn't? I looked aside during 'Grandma got run over by a reindeer' and saw that Greg actually enjoyed all this singing as well.

He smiled at me and wrapped one arm around me. The smell of wet wool and hot chocolate reached our noses as the fresh snow fell on our heads. It was a cold and wet, but somehow pleasant feeling. Greg stopped singing and tried to catch some snow with his tongue. He really seemed to enjoy this Christmas and that delighted me.

I just hope that he will keep on smiling, even when we knock on Sherlock's door for caroling...

A/N

Just imagine Greg's face as he starts to sing and Sherlock opens the door. Do you think Greg will continue singing or run off?

There are parts of 'baby it's cold outside' in this chapter, and that song isn't mine. Though I've slightly changed the words to make it fit a bit better.

I really hope you liked it!

If you want to hear some amazingly talented guys sing Christmas songs (or any song at all) listen to the band 'Home Free', they're amazing! The video I've put above is 'Grandma got run over by a reindeer' covered by them, listen to it if you want to.

Please vote, comment and sing! ;-)

Merry Christmas y'all! ;-)

Catch you later!

-MS