Chapter 53: Christmas Part One

Christmas was here in just within two days.

Sans had had to go to the store multiple times before the expected holiday, and as usual, it was a pain in the ass since stores were crowded by individuals who hadn't gotten the chance to buy presents days before.

Grillby was away at work, with Papyrus whom was working on his shift as cook at the bar.

Sans sighed as he reluctantly kept on wrapping the presents he had bought, in a pretty silver wrapping paper on his bed.

He was a little worried his gifts were not good enough for his loved friends.

For Papyrus, he had made him a new scarf that was a bright, glittery, golden color, and had bought him a white t-shirt that read in big black, bold letters, "Who needs hair with a body like this!"

Knowing Papyrus, he knew that he would totally love the gifts but a part of him just wished he could've found something better than just... clothes.

For Undyne and Alphys, he had gotten the whole collection of all the seasons to the original 90's anime, "Sailor Moon".

The couple really loved watching animes in their spare time, and Alphys had currently been obsessing on finding the anime ever since she saw a small clip of an episode on YouTube.

'she's totally gonna flip when she sees i got her the anime' Sans thought, a cheeky grin on his face.

For Toriel and Asgore, he had bought many cooking utensils and some tea cups of a limited edition brand.

Ever since the two royalties had settled ground with one another, they moved to a house together with Frisk, closer to the city to provide a better education for the kid.

He sure missed that kiddo.

They always pulled pranks on one another and had fun messing around.

He was happy he'd get to see them again later today.

Sans pulled Frisk's gifts out of a plastic bag, which were a sketchbook and a 72 pack of high quality colored pencils, and removed the price tag before then proceeding to wrap it carefully.

"the gift cards! shit!" Sans whispered to himself as he got up and ran to a small drawer.

Inside of it, there was a pile of $200 gift cards, based on each of the interests of Grillby's family.

Sans took them and neatly put them in different bags.

Each bag also contained other accessories for each gift, for example, Ignatius' bag had a mug with bars of hit chocolate inside, Freya's had a purse, and Magnus' had a pile of videogames.

Sans looked at the last bag.

For Grillby, he had bought an expensive cologne and a pair of sweatpants.

Sans picked up the clothing artifact and glanced at it with a placid expression.

"sweatpants... great" he sarcastically praised himself, rolling his eye lights to himself.

"why did i think this would be such a great idea?" he muttered with a bit of sadness in his voice.

Sans closed his eyes and heaved a long frustrated sigh.
______________

Grillby looked at the clock.

Ten more minutes until the bar's closure.

Grillby took a deep breath and placed his shaky hands on the counter.

He felt nervous.

Just a few more hours before the grand question, but not just a simple question, but one that would change his life completely.