22. She belongs to herself (Part I)

And I watched her from where I was standing... still wondering what an amazing luck I have that I could see such a beautiful creation of nature in front of me.

-The Golden Girl

************************************

"And they were all just like, Faye is cheating on Justin with River. And we just had no clue about it. Well, then out of nowhere, Brittany said that she saw Justin and you in the mall yesterday. What's up with all that and I mean why are we not aware of it?" Madeline asked Faye as soon as River started the ignition.

"You know what? Mads is right. What the hell is happening? I mean, are you two, you and Justin dating or something? And if yes, why the hell are not we informed about it?" Aubree asked, glaring at Faye.

"Woah, woah, stop bombarding her with all these questions? Let her breath, at least. Well, just so that you know Faye, even I am curious about all those rumors. Well, not that I give a shit. Justin is good influence. It's just funny that, River is stuck in between, labeled as the other guy." Zach chuckled as he looked at Faye's pale face from the front seat of the car.

"Well, ah, yes, I went out with Justin." And as soon as those words left Faye's mouth, the car instantly jerked up and came to a stop.

"You went out with him?" River turned around from his driver's seat and looked at Faye with big eyes.

"Hell, do not make a big deal of it. I just went out to the movies with him, that is all." She said, explaining to all of them.

"So that means you and Walter are officially dating?" Zach asked, his eyebrows raised as he looked at her in a suspecting manner.

"Are you serious? Never. I mean, even he knows that I do not have any romantic feelings towards him. He even understands. We are just good friends and even if I somewhere want to like him, I just cannot. It's hard."

"Then why did you went out with him?" Madeline asked, giving her the stink eye.

"Cause, I had promised him, I was supposed to go with him."

"What, what do you mean, you were just supposed to go with him? Are you hiding something from us?" Aubree asked.

"Hell, no. He just helped me with something." And her eyes went to River, her mind walking to the night of the party, "I just owed him a date. But he knows guys, he knows that I cannot like him. And he is okay with it, he just wants to be friends."

"You know, that guy is a saint." "River, start the car." And saying that, Zach turned around, patting River's shoulder, indicating him to start the ignition.

"And here I thought she finally moved on from Kyle." And Madeline froze as soon as those words left from her mouth.

"Are you serious?" Aubree groaned, glaring at Madeline.

"Shit." Madeline cursed under her breath. She just had to bring Kyle in the conversation. She looked at Faye from the corner of her eyes, who surprisingly sat there calmly.

"No Kyle Francis today." Faye grinned looking at both of her friends, trying to pull up a happy smile.

"And that's my girl." Madeline shouted in top of her lungs, grinning ear to ear.