xvi.

Thea's POV

BB-8 showed the map to Luke Skywalker to us, and Han discovered its only apart of the piece. 

"Why did he leave?" Rey asked and I looked down at the ground when Han glanced in my direction.

"He was training a new generation of Jedi. One boy, an apprentice, turned against him, destroyed it all. Luke felt responsible. He just walked away from everything. Some of the people who knew him best, think he went in search for the first Jedi temple," Han explained.

"So, the Jedi were real?" Rey asked and Han chuckled lowly.

"Girl, you're in the same room as one," he said and pointed towards me. Rey's eyes widened and I smiled at her. I have to figure out where I know her because there's a strong feeling that I do.

"You want my help, you're gonna get it. Gonna see an old friend. She'll get your droid home," Han said. He walked back into the other room to set our destination, and I followed behind him.

"I think you missed a minor detail in your story," I said and I could feel the eye roll from here. 

"They don't need to know about Ben," he retorted

"They don't need to know about Ben," he retorted. I sighed and faced him with a regretful expression. 

"I thought running from you and Leia... From The First Order, would let me be able to live a new life, but Ben eventually got his hands on me, and Han," I paused and he looked at me with hope in his eyes. "I know Ben is still in there. I can feel it. He's still an ass, but I know Ben is still in there."

"You always thought the best of him even in the most horrific situations," he sighed remembering back to the old days.

"Han, I'm serious. There may be a chance we can get Ben back!"

"Promise me something, Thea. Promise me you'll try your best to get him back, but don't destroy yourself in the process," he stated and I nodded.

"I promise"

------

"Hey, Thea," Rey greeted as she sat next to me. I gave her a weak smile before looking back down at the ground. "Whats wrong?"

"Have we met before, Rey?" I asked and she thought for a moment but shook her head.

"I don't think so. I've been on Jakku my whole life," I nodded and was going to leave it at that but something told me otherwise.

"Why did you never leave?"

"My-uh- my family. I'm waiting for my family. My mom, dad and sister.  I have to get back soon," she said and I felt bad for her. Deep down she knew they were never coming back. 

"You know, I think I was born on Jakku. Well, I can't be sure because Luke found me alone in the middle of the Jakku desert with no knowledge of my life up until that point," I sighed and looked at her. You felt the familiar spark when we shook hands, right?"

She nodded."Do you know what it means?"

"Not sure yet, but I'm going to find out I promise you. I think we knew each other at one point In our lives. We'll figure It out," I said and she nodded. 

"Something else is bothering you, what is it?"

"Rey, I must confess something to you," I said and she stayed silent for me to speak. "Kylo Ren... He was once Ben Solo, who was the love of my life. He captured me along with Poe, and everyone believes he's gone, but I can see the light in him still. I think I can bring him back," I explained and Rey was shocked.

"Well, Thea. I can't imagine the stress of the position you're in, but I'd trust your gut. Whatever you think needs to happen, I have your back," she stated and I smiled before hugging her.

"I think we'll get along just fine"

------

"We'll get your droid on a clean ship," Han said as we all approached Maz's place. 

"Clean?" Rey asked.

"You think it was luck that Chewie and I found the Falcon? If we can find it on our scanners, the first order's not far behind. Want to get BB-8 to the resistance? Maz Kantata's our best bet," he stated and as soon as we walked through those doors a voice silenced all as Maz herself yelled from across the room "Han Solo!"

Everyone went silent before going about their business as we headed to a private room. I kept look out, but Rey distracted me as I saw her following something. BB-8 and I followed her quietly as she went down the spiral stairs to the abandoned basement below. She felt something, and I could feel it too. If my suspicions are correct... Rey is force-sensitive.

She was lead to this box and as soon as she touched it I realized what it was. As soon as she touched it I was ripped into a part of her vision. A girl was being tugged back by an unknown presence on a desert while a ship went off without her as she screamed "come back."

I recognize that ship somewhere. Why does this memory feel familiar to me?

I heard the last voice though. Something that struck through my core. 

"These are your first steps." It couldn't be...

"Rey!" I yelled and she flew out of the room and brought me down with her to the floor. I groaned and she quickly scrambled to her feet and helped me up. 

"Jeez I have the force I should've had better reflexes to that," I laughed and she gave me a nervous smile but was breathing heavily and I could see the fear in her eyes. "Hey hey. You're okay. You're safe," I assured her and pulled her into a hug.

We pulled apart and turned to see Maz approaching us with caution. "What was that?" Rey asked, her voice shaking slightly in fear. "I shouldn't have gone in there."

Maz and I gave each other a knowing look before I turned to her and held her hand for comfort. "Rey... That lightsaber... Was Luke's."

"And his father's before him. And now, it calls to you," Maz revealed to her. 

"I have to get back to Jakku," Rey said and I looked down at the floor. 

"Han told me," she said and grabbed our hands. "Dear child, I see your eyes. You already know the truth. Whomever you're waiting for on Jakku... They're never coming back. But, there's someone who still could."

"Luke," Rey whispered.

"The belonging you seek is not behind you... It is ahead. I am know Jedi, but I know the force.It moves through and surrounds every living thing.  Close your eyes. Feel it. The light. It's always been there. In both of you. It will guide you. The saber. Take it."

Rey stood up quickly and released my hand before shaking her head. "I'm never touching that thing again. I don't want any part of this," she stated before hurrying out. 

I followed after her before Maz's voice stopped me.

"You need to tell her, Thea. Her entire family is not all gone, is it? I know you sense it too," she called out and I tensed up. 

"When I'm ready," is all I said before I followed Rey out into the woods.

-----