xvii.

Thea's POV

"Rey!" I shouted after her as BB-8 and I finally caught up with her. She turned around and I saw the tears in her eyes. "Rey look at me," I said and she took a breath to calm down.

 "Rey look at me," I said and she took a breath to calm down

"Thea, I wasn't meant for this. I'm a scavenger from Jakku I don't-"

"You are not just a scavenger, Rey. You're... Y-You're my s-" I groaned in pain as I fell against Rey, her calling out to me but it sounded distant. I felt pain, so much pain and loss, in the force and my vision briefly was seen through his eyes and my heart stopped.

He just destroyed a whole galaxy

He just destroyed a whole galaxy... of innocent people.

I knew he felt me there. He knew I felt all the pain and suffering he just caused.

Thea-

You... YOU MONSTER!

I fell out of the vision and breathed heavily trying to calm down as Rey held me.

"I'm okay. I'm okay," I assured her as she helped me to my feet. "Kylo Ren just... Destroyed a galaxy. I felt all the p-pain and suffering in the force... The loss," I muttered and her eyes went wide.

"That's what we're up against?! How can they expect me to get Luke and fight this alone?" She asked in a panic. I found my grounding and stood up straight, finally back to myself and turned to her with a brow raised.

"Who said you were alone?"

"I've always been alone," she muttered and I smiled at her sympathetically before patting her back and moving ahead of her.

"Not anymore." We continued walking for a bit before Rey turned to BB-8. You guys need to go back. You're too important. They'll help you," she stated and we snapped our heads up at the sky to see the First Order found us. I pulled my lightsaber out.

"Rey, we gotta go!" We ran back towards the falcon to stop at the edge of the forest and see all the destruction they caused in a few seconds after arrival. I grabbed Reys hand immediately as I saw Ren's ship arrive. "He's here," I whispered and she squeezed my hand in comfort.