35. Silence.

“Get off of her!” A man yelled, I felt hope inside me rise.

“Harry!” I cried, the tears clouding my vision and choking my voice.

“You and whose army, squirt.” Sherry teased, the sound of a bullet being chambered rang through the air. I looked, blinking to clear my vision. Harry was standing, with his hands up, about five feet from Sherry who had the gun pointed at him.

“Look, all I want is to take Audrey and leave.” Harry pleaded, Sherry scoffed, 

“And why should we, she doesn't deserve it.” Sherry sneered, Harry shook his head.

“Why, she’s smart, funny, caring, thoughtful...” Sherry cut him off with a hard laugh,

“Caring? Thoughtful? Would a caring and thoughtful person let an innocent woman die to save her own slutty self? No, but she just stood by and watched her die!” Sherry shrieked her voice sounding close to tears,

“Who, who died, Sherry?” Harry asked, Sherry let out a small sob.

“She let my sister die!” She yelled, Harry took a step closer, his hands still raised,

“So your punishing her for something she had no control over?” He asked, Sherry lowered the gun slightly, 

“Someone has to take the blame,” She shouted, Harry took another small unnoticed step. My heart was hammering against my ribs, praying Sherry wouldn't notice him moving closer.

“If you wanted to blame someone, why don’t you blame the guy who murdered her? Why don’t you blame him? Why dose it have to be Audrey?” Harry asked, Sherry lowered the gun a little more.

“Because she caused it!” She shouted back, 

“But she’s your niece, why would you even think of pinning this on her. Is it not bad enough she’s mentally and physically scarred from the attack? Why do you have to make it worse?” Harry asked, Sherry lowered the gun again so that the barrel was pointed at knee level, 

“That slut is no niece of mine!” Sherry scoffed, Harry frowned.

“She's not?” Harry asked, taking another small, unnoticed step.

“No!” Sherry hissed, making me angry. Harry shook his head,

“You don't want to do this,” Harry said and took another step, this time Sherry noticed raising the gun again, but by now Harry was right up on her. He grabbed the barrel and shoved it skyward. Sherry struggled, to re-point the gun at Harry. Together they struggled, neither one overpowering the other. Sherry kneed Harry in the leg and together they fell to the floor, still struggling for the gun. Joey who had been watching the little scene, decided that he wasn't interested anymore and turned his attention back to me. Joey sat up a little, re-positioning his hips on mine, I took the opportunity to knee him solidly where it hurts most. Joey rolled off me, holding himself, groaning in pain.

I stood to help Harry, and right as I did, Joey grabbed my ankle,

and the room was filled with the loud exploding sound of a gunshot.