Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I waited anxiously for my Prince Charming to arrive and—

Just kidding.

I couldn't care less about whether or not he decided to show. After all, with the mention of the carnival, I was already deadset on going, whether he was taking me or not.

My mother, being on one of her rare spurts of weekend parental responsibility, had decided to take the boys out to shop for whatever she had decided we needed. The two trudged along with my mother, still tired from last night before most likely falling asleep in the car seat against.

Meanwhile, I laid on my bed and eyed the pile of textbooks and homework, debating on whether or not I wanted to procrastinate and hold it off till the very end of the weekend.

It wasn't like I did bad in school. In fact, I was a straight-A, 4.0 GPA student.

It was just, my level of procrastination is strong and powerful. This meant that I often chose to let adrenaline and stress create subpar work on Sunday night last minute or planning out when I had time to do homework in different classes the day it was due.

Finally, after deciding that it would be Sunday's problem yet again, I grabbed a pair of sweats and an old worn-out shirt and opted to take a shower instead.

•••

Eventually, I found myself on the living room couch, with a tub of ice cream, rewatching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, letting the carnival slip my mind. The inaccurate medical procedures and complicated relationships made it difficult to keep up with at times but then again I was still rewatching it.

They must've been doing something right.

Hearing the doorbell ring, I groaned as I peeled myself up from the couch and made my way to the door with the empty tub of ice cream that I planned on tossing, "Hell—"

"Hey." A familiar deep voice said as the door opened.

Grayson stood on my porch in all of his egotistic glory, looking nothing like the guy I invited into my house a couple of hours ago. He wore a simple outfit: a gray hoodie, some shorts, and air force ones.

"You're actually here," I muttered after staring at him for what seemed like a solid minute

"You're actually here," I muttered after staring at him for what seemed like a solid minute. It never occurred to me that when he asked me to come with him to the carnival that he would actually you know, come.

"Am I not supposed to—?" He asked, confused. I shook my head and stepped to the side to offer him room to invite himself in.

"Well, I didn't think that you would actually be here?" I admitted, "My bad, that's on me. Come on in, you can sit in the living room."

"Oh?" Grayson questioned as we walked to the living room. He scanned my outfit, probably confused as to why I was in sweats and holding a tub of ice cream with medical jargon blasting in the background.