Chapter 10

Camila's POV

I waited patiently for my friend to come back into the room. I was never in the mood to study, which wasn't the best thing because I actually needed to study. Some things weren't as easy for me to understand and on top of that, I was lazy.

When she came back though, something was different. The green eyed sat in front of me, kicking out her legs from under her and supporting her weight on her arms, her palms placed on the mattress behind her torso. Something was off. My heart beat faster when she locked eyes with mine. She hadn't said a word. Looking at her, it was as if she was debating on something in her head, like she had a decision to make, so I kept quiet.

Slowly, she grabbed the books on the bed and threw them to the floor with a loud thud. "What are you doing?" I asked, startled.

"I could ask you the same thing," she mumbled under her breath, not expecting me to hear it. But I did.

"What did you just say?" she didn't answer. Instead, she deflected.

"I need you to tell me," Lauren took a deep breath, "What you want."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Lauren's serious tone shocked me. Everything seemed fine before and now she was pretty much shouting at me. "Or that I'm blind and don't notice things, uh?" her green eyes narrowed at me and I felt strangely over exposed.

The dark haired girl moved closer to me and I scooted back until my body hit the wooden headboard and I realized I couldn't move away any further. My breathing picked up when she looked down at my body. I cleared my throat and tried to reply as casually as possible. "I don't know what you're talking about–"

"Shut up," her answer was quick and I kinked an eyebrow.

"Excuse me?"

"I said shut up," she clarified what I thought I had heard wrong but I hadn't. She licked her lips and looked back up to meet my gaze. She was looking at me with an unmistakable hunger that I had yet to see in her eyes. I finally realized what she had been talking about. I put her on edge and now she wasn't holding back. I knew she was probably confused but so was I. But I knew one thing. I didn't mind this at all.

We were closer than before, our close proximity quickly getting to me to the point where was my heart was beating uncontrollably fast in my chest. I saw hesitation in her eyes for a split second before she let it go and it happened.

Those seconds before the actual touching of our lips were absolute torture, but also built the anticipation.

So we kissed. It was no doubt awkward at first because up until that point we had been friends, best friends even. But it didn't take long for her to get herself together and after the initial shock, the green eyed girl started moving her mouth against mine. When she took my bottom lip between hers, I started reciprocating properly. I quickly took control of the kiss and sucked on her top lip, causing a gasp. We were still not touching any other part of eachother and that was something I needed, because even though we were kissing, it still felt distant and not nearly enough. Being bold, I placed a hand on her knee and spread my fingers out. Apparently that had an effect on her because not too long after, she whimpered in my mouth.

I was still pressed against the headboard when she scooted even closer to me and I felt a hand sneaking around my waist to settle at my hip that was still covered by my hoodie. I was hyper aware of every thing she did with her lips, so much so that when I opened my mouth and her tongue immediately slipped in past my lips, an embarrassingly loud moan escaped my mouth, blood rushed to my cheeks and tinged the tip of my ears pink. I didn't have any more time to feel embarrassed because her tongue stroked mine and I lost myself in the feeling. Squeezing her knee, she let out a sultry groan that brought me back to earth.