t h i r t e e n

We were still on a euphoric high by the time we got back to the suite, laughing and conversing freely.

But when we saw Padmé sitting on the couch in the living room, we quickly sobered up.

"Padmé, is everything alright?" I asked, getting her attention, she was wearing one of her many senate dresses.

Odd.

She turned to me smiling, "Oh, yes everything is fine, I just came to inform you that the meeting has been pushed to today, in about an hour actually."

"What? Why?" I questioned, genuinely confused on why they would change the date so suddenly.

"There's a major crisis in Alderaan, a neighboring planet wishes war, and the senators need to be there as soon as possible to negotiate peace." She explained.

"Oh ok, that certainly does make sense." I responded, looking at Anakin, "Just let me get changed and we can go."

I headed into my room and picked out the formal senate dress I had packed for the occasion.

They were usually large and flamboyant, as senate meetings were anything but casual and demanded the upmost respect.

I stepped out of my room when I had finished dressing, Anakin and Padme were sitting on opposite ends of the couch, looking separate ways

Anakin was the first to see me, smiling as he looked at me.

The smile was sincere and reached his dazzling blue eyes.

I smiled back at him and realized Padme hadn't noticed my presence.

I cleared my throat, grabbing her attention.

She smiled brightly as well.

"Excellent, you look beautiful Verena. Shall we go?"

"Thank you Padme, you look lovely as well, and yes, I like to be early." I replied.

Anakin rolled his eyes playfully as I responded and smirked slightly as he stood from his seat on the couch.

He walked ahead of us and held the door.

"Thank you Anakin." Padme smiled at him as she walked past.

"Oh why thank you Anakin, I am so glad chivalry isn't dead." I thanked him sarcastically, smiling as I did so.

He bowed back in the same joking manner.