5. Spend Them Stacks

Tequila's POV

The rest of the night was history, Hugo really boosted my happiness, and soon it was time for the dance.

I thought that maybe he'd decline. . but instead he spared my dignity and grabbed my hand, leading me to the center of the room.

The light shone onto us as Gnash took Hugo.

He pulled me close, extra close, his face stoic as he dances slowly with me. It's a bit awkward since he seems to be having a problem with smiling.

Then, he spoke. "Are you enjoying your night?" I nodded, avoiding his eyes and he sighs.

"I'm not going to treat you badly."

"What?" I finally look up at him.

"Even if it's nothing more than a business proposal, I'm going to treat you with respect, so you can stop being afraid." He says his eyes determined and I nod.

I wasn't exactly afraid, just wary.

"Thank you." I murmur and he nods.

•Ace's POV•

Finally, the night was over, I fed her cake, danced with her, introduced her, it all felt strange, weird even as she held my hand, walking outside until we reached the car.

I open the door for her and she gets in with her beautiful dress and I follow suite, getting into the driver's side.

Gnash decided to take Hugo to his house, since he had a female and Hugo wouldn't be too lonely as I would occupy Tequilas time.

We got home and she yawned, stepping out while holding her dress. "Tired?" I ask and she offers a faint smile while nodding, I place my hand on the small of her back and as we enter, I am greeted by a quiet empty house.

Four nights ago, I would walked in, I and I alone or maybe a lady for the night.. Now, it's going to be different with a wife, and I can't help but be anxious of what comes with it.

It's business only, don't forget.

She was about to walk into her room when I grabbed her arm gently. She looked up at me with furrowed eyes.

"What is it?" She asks, a little dazed and I sigh.

"My room, remember."

"But there's no one in the house."

"We never know when we're being spied on." I guess she understands as she just, slowly walks towards me.

"My feet." She mumbles sighing and I bite my lip, cursing myself for thinking of going soft on the first day, but I told her I was going to respect her. Which is why, I swept my hand under her leg and held her bridesmaid style. She didn't fight me, only whispered a small thank you before drifting asleep.

× × ×
Tequila's POV

Crap, crap, crap.

Look at his beautiful body, jeez. I mean, was he made in a lab?

As soon as I woke up, I pushed myself away from him since he decided that I was going to sleep under him.

Now I can't stop looking at him.

I lay my head on the pillow and think about yesterday. For a murderer, he was awfully kind, and he looked so relaxed while sleeping, I didn't want to wake him up.

Then came the horror, standing, I realized I slept in this uncomfortable dress.

He should've taken it off!

I am his wife right?

Sighing, I simply zip off the clothes and stood freely in my undergarments. I walked over to one of the stuck to the walls cupboards to find towels and I grabbed one, stretching but I couldn't reach.

Mentally cursing myself, I kept on stretching and stretching but unfortunately I was too short. I was about to give up and dry myself with a sheet when something warm presses against me.

I gape in surprise as Ace's aroma surrounds me and he reaches slowly allowing me to feel his member against my butt, my eyes wide.

He gets the towel and lowers it down to me before leaning to my ear.

"You wanted this?" He says and I nod silently, in a trance as I grab the towel from his hand. He doesn't move for me to go to the bathroom, so I had to fight my way, sometimes rubbing awkwardly against him.

It's only business.

Don't end up like the other girls  he brings home for the night. Dumped and broken.

× × ×

After that awkward encounter, Ace decided that we should go shopping since I needed my own clothes.

"So who's clothes are these?" I ask and his face hardens a bit.

"My mother's." His voice was curt, so I assumed he didn't want to talk anymore.

He also didn't mention anything about this morning so I suppose it didn't. . .mean anything.

Arriving at the mall, we walked in together and I felt a little odd with all these people watching me. Well, maybe they were watching Ace but I was in their eye vision. Even from a far, you could still notice the paparazzi.

"Relax." I jump as Ace's lips merely touches my ear.

"I am." I clear my throat.

"Tell that to your fingers." I look down at my fingers and true enough, they were shaking.

But not that much.

We walked into a store that I forgot the name of, and he told me to chose anything I liked. So I took the cheapest T-shirt I have ever seen handed it over to him.

He eyed it in disgust, "what is that?"

"A cute. . T-shirt." I smiled and he blinks.

"Okay, looks like I'm shopping for you again."

"Ace please don't spend a lot." I sigh, but does he listen to me? Nope.

"That'll be $786.43."

"No." I shake my head starting to remove some items but Ace takes them from me. "Absolutely not." I tell him and he gets out his wallet. "Ace." I warn.

"You need the clothes Tequila."

"But not that much."

I watch in horror as he gives her the money, she smiles brightly at him and I scoff, not even taking the bags but just leaving.

I felt uncomfortable.

So much money for some clothes, when maybe, he could've just went back to my house and shoved all my clothes in a suitcase.

"Tequila." He calls exasperated and I walk faster, smelling food.

I find myself hungrily staring at all the greasy food, forgetting all about the encounter earlier.

"You okay there?" I turn to find am amused man, not Ace, but instead a kind face. I blush embarrassed.

"Yes. . I'm just-"

"Hungry?" He smiles slightly and i nod. "Let me buy you some food then, I am hungry myself."

"Oh not it's okay I'm just waiting -"

"No, I would love to get you something."

"I believe she already has someone for that."