tommy shelby: distraction.

DISTRACTION.

"Hurry up." You whispered as your eyes kept going back to the door. "Oh, lord, I'm going to kill you in a minute."

"You can't rush perfection, Y/N. If you stopped nagging me then this would have been done by now."

"It can't take that long to grab some guns and go." You scoffed.

"I have to make it look like nobody was here." Tommy groaned as he placed the guns in a bag.

"Excuse me? Who's the one that's stood here on look out. Ya know, if anyone comes, then I'd be the one that gets killed first. At least you'll still have a chance to escape."

"We aren't going to be friends in a minute if you don't shut your mouth." Tommy turned round and smirked at you, obviously joking around with you.

"God, what a shame." You joked back. "But seriously, please hurry up."

Looking down the long road, you could hear multiple men stomping up the street. Your heart started to race as you urged Tommy to hurry up. He muttered some curse words before finally finishing up. Grabbing his hand, you made your way onto the street and started to walk up. The men that had been previously walking up, looked at you suspiciously from a distance.

"I think they know." Tommy mumbled as he pressed you both up against the wall. "Here, hide these behind your feet."

The bag of guns dropped to the floor and you moved them behind your feet so you were having to stand in front of them in an awkward position.

"You've got some of my lipstick on you." You said, loud enough for the men to hear you. Pressing your thumb against Tommy's lips, he smirked slightly.

Tommy and yourself had been best friends from childhood, and nothing would change that. As you grew older, the relationship became a lot more flirtatious. Mainly because of you, but Tommy didn't stop any of your advances. Instead, he egged them on and flirted with you also.

The men made their way past the two of you, thinking that you were just two partners having some time alone.

"Thank fuck." Tommy mumbled, as he moved away from you. "I'm not convinced, I think they know that we've been up to something."

"It'll be fine, stop panicking." You looked back over you shoulder. Some of the men were entering the building that you and Tommy had just left.

"Do you mind being my lookout?" Tommy asked.

"No, it's quite fun. Why the hell did you press me up against the wall? I thought you said that we only did that if the police were on our case."

"I thought they were the cops. Are you complaining?" Tommy chuckled.

"Of course not. It's my dream to have Thomas Shelby push me up against a wall." You said dramatically.

"Trust me, love, most of the girls around here would love it."

"You are so full on yourself."

"I am not."

"Okay, Thomas."

"I don't like it when you call me Thomas." He said, grabbing your hand together as you walked onto a different street.

"Why?"

"You would always call me Thomas when you were angry at me. I remember when we were in year two, and I stole your drawing..." Tommy trailed off, chucking to himself. "You chased me around the playground, screaming my name until I gave it you back."

"Ha, I remember. Was that the time that I made you bleed because I pushed you over the bench?"

"No, that was the second time." Tommy laughed. "I just remember a mini you, screaming 'Thomas'. I knew you had to be my best mate once that had happen."

"Look at us now, twenty bloody years later. I sometimes think that me and you..."

You were interrupted by Tommy forcing you him. His lips came to yours, shocking you for a moment, before you began to kiss him back. You could tell that his mind was somewhere else but there was a part of you that didn't care. If he was doing this to distract whoever was on the street, then you was going to make the most of it. You brought your hand to the back on his neck and pulled him closer, his hands fell to your waist and he slowly pulled away, placing a kiss your cheek before returning back to your lips. You leaned up in an attempt to get as closer to Tommy as you could although it was almost impossible, you couldn't get any closer. By the point, you were both pressed up against each other and you were placing your hands wherever you could.

"Tommy." You breathed, pulling away slightly. His lips were only centimetres away from yours. "What was that about?"

"Saw some men." Tommy answered as his hand went to yours. He played with your fingers as he looked at the ground nervously.

"I didn't hear anyone."

"That's because you were to busy killing me off." Tommy smirked.

"Shut ya mouth, I know that I didn't hear any men. I think you just wanted to kiss me.." Your hand came to play with his tie as he looked down at you.

"Maybe." He took a deep breath as your hand travelled further down his chest. "I didn't see you complaining."

"I wasn't, don't worry."

"Y/N."

"Thomas."

"Do you want to come back to mine?" Tommy asked.

"What about the guns? I thought we needed to take them to the stables and hide them."

"Fuck the guns, darling. They can wait, I have other priorities."