Chapter 6

Hey guys!

Thanks too foreverthedaydreamer I now have 100 follower whoop whoop!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Updated/Edited- let me know if there are still any mistakes

-&-

Chapter 6

"Do you want me to make you lunch, Rose?" Luce asked from the kitchen as I shoved my history textbook into my backpack. It's been two days since Trey had come over, two days that I haven't gone to school. I know it was silly of me, weak even, but I just couldn't face the crowds- or them.

"Yes please."

Dad had finally come back from one of his many business trips the night before, and freaked when Tate told him about picking me up from school and that he was 'worried' about me. I got a two-hour question seminar on whether-or-not I was being bullied at school. It made the stress squishing my brain ten times worse. The whole time my father nagged on and on about 'who did he need to report', and Tate demanded who he needed to beat the "fuck" up- as he says.

It was finally Friday, and instead of deciding to just skip again and enjoy a somewhat stress-free weekend- I decided to make the not-so-brave decision and go back to school. Or, at least to get away from a smothering Tate. He was so annoying sometimes, no matter how much I loved him. He hardly let me breathe. I wish I could be strong and sassy like Luce and tell him off, but that just wasn't me.

"Do you want me to give you a ride, or do you wanna walk?"

I gave her a small smile as she handed me the brown paper bag with my lunch and one eyebrow raised in question. "I think I'll just walk. Could use the exercise." I gave a little laugh as I shoved the lunch in with my textbook. In all honestly, I just wanted to prolong the inevitable for as long as possible.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, it's nice out." I mumbled and stood from the couch as I tossed my backpack over my shoulder. She followed behind me with her signature messy bun and cold blue eyes as I walked towards the front door, my feet heavy underneath me.

"Be careful, and please try to make it through the whole day this time, Rose. I don't need another night filled with Tate's nagging." I laughed at her words, but honestly felt like cringing and running back up to the safety of my room. I was a baby- I was weak. And I felt bad, I really did. I hated making them go out of their way for me, especially for something as stupid as having no friends. I would just have to suck it up and stop calling Tate to come get me.

"I will, I promise." I shot her a smile and waved over my shoulder as I bounded down the porch steps and headed down the street. I would just have to suck it up, not that there would really be anything to upset me. Whatever happened between the Big Four and I was done and over with, no matter how happy it made me for those two short days.

School was a good fifteen-minute walk from mine and Trey' neighborhood- fifteen blissful stress free minutes. Except for the fact that I saw Trey climb into his SUV as I walked through the neighborhood park. I was surprised at how my heart clenched at the simple sight of him- it wasn't like we had been friends for years. I let out a tired sighed and huddled further under my jacket. He didn't see me, which I was grateful for, though I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered if he had.

I tried to avoid the crowds of students surrounding the parking lot as I headed for the school's entrance. I kept my head down, my bag slung tightly over my shoulders, and tried harder than I should have not to look for any of the Big Four. So, of course I knew exactly where they were. At the back of the lot was Trey's ginormous black SUV, and four beautiful, giant boys standing beside it.