38. Relapse, Extended Scene

Hello, if you're wondering why there's a new chapter, it's because I've finally decided to include some mature material in my books, but I will include "bonus chapters" for this purpose, rather than writing mature situations into the body of the main chapters.

This will be a "test chapter." If I get a good response and most people are comfortable with me including the material this way, then I will continue for my other books as well. Even if you don't read the chapter, you can just click on comments and let me know what you think of the idea.

I hope this isn't considered "smut" since I don't intend on being overly explicit, but I wanted to give the opportunity to those who might like to read the more mature situations, without making others uncomfortable. If you choose to skip these Extended Scenes, you won't miss out on the main story in any way.

Please do not read this chapter if such things make you uncomfortable, or if you're too young (under 17-ish)

* * * * *

"I want you, Ellie," he murmured into my ear, causing the hair on my body to stand at attention. "Let me make love to you."

I barely hesitated, letting a whispered yes slip from my mouth. If I wasn't mistaken, a slight groan left his throat with my answer.

After a quick discussion about protection, he picked me up like a princess and carried me back into his expansive master suite, locking the door behind us. Not that he really had to since we were in the penthouse, after all, and no one else had access to his place.

The lights of Chicago were reflected off the pristine surface of Lake Michigan. He turned off the lights so that the room was illuminated by the night and the full harvest moon which reigned over it. I hadn't moved from where I'd been standing when he locked the door; I was too mesmerized by the beauty of this moment. I wished it could somehow last forever.

As soon as Harry was within reach, I grabbed the front of his shirt and tugged him closer, causing him to laugh lightly at me. "Eager?" I raised my eyebrows in a flirtatious yes and went to work unbuttoning his shirt.

I slipped the buttons through the holes and Harry placed his hands on the sides of my head and gently kissed my crown. Then he pecked small kisses all over my forehead, nipping down to my cheeks and back up to bury his face in my hair. I pulled his shirt out from his pants and then rolled it off his shoulders, letting the pale fabric float to the ground. The removal of his clothing released his musk and my heart started racing harder, more than anxious to move things along.

I hadn't planned on this happening so soon after we returned home. In fact, I had been hoping to hold things off as long as possible since I was still a bit old-fashioned in my thinking. Ideally, I would have loved to wait until we were husband and wife, but Harry and I had hardly been together long enough to call each other girlfriend and boyfriend. But I knew we were in love and I needed this closeness, not only after the terrible grief that I'd been through (and would still be going through for a long time).

He cupped my face and forced my attention away from his torso long enough to capture my lips with his. Prying my mouth open with his tongue, he explored deeply while I felt things in my body that I hadn't felt in a very long time, some I had never felt. I had no problem allowing the kiss to linger, but I was too impatient to wait to get rid of more clothing. I tugged his undershirt out of his pants and up to his armpits, when we finally had to break apart to get rid of it all together.

I leaned my head against his chest this time, looking down, holding him at bay so that I could slip the belt off and unbutton his pants. Part of me felt this devilish bit of glee, like a kid in a candy store, except I only wanted one thing. I wriggled my hand past his zipper - it was a tight squeeze with his growing interest - and pressed my palm over him briefly. Deep sounds of satisfaction echoed in his chest. When I retrieved my hand, he released a husky breath, saying, "You're a tease."