Chapter Nine

Sirens...

That was the only thing she could hear.  A pounding sensation  in her head was all she could feel as she struggled to open her eyes. An achy sensation was spread through out her entire body. She could feel like she was drenched in something. Maybe water.  A single question ran through her mind 

what had just  happened...... 

She remebers being in a car. Not just any car but her parent's car. Her parents and her sister Elena was in the car with her. She had fallen asleep on Elena and had woken up to screaming  and cold water surrounding her inside the car until it was filled and she could no longer breath. 

That's when she had open her eyelids and seen that she was on on a gurney. There was paramedics around her strapping her in. She could her them asking questions and talking but her mouth couldn't open to voice a reply back to them. 

Where was her family ?? 

As she looked to her right is when she saw another gurney. Laying on top of it was her sister.  Next to her sister was another two gurney, But laying on top  of them were bodybags.  

It was at that moment a scream was heard throughout the whole bridge. 

GASP 

Nicole had shot up from her bed with a gasp. Just when she had thought her night terros were gone. They had come back five times stronger. Sitting up in her bed with her hand on her chest. Trying to calm her fast beat of a heart. 

15 minutes later 

After finally calming down she get's out of her bed and gets herself ready  for the day. She gets out a pair of ripped jeans and a long sleeve v line black blouse. She pairs the outfit with black wedged boots. She brushes her hair and stops to look at herself in the mirror before leaving her bedroom. She puts her hand to her chest and stares off to her neck feeling like something is missing. With a shake of head she heads for the kitchen in desperate need of food and coffee. 

                                                                              Kitchen 

Sitting at the island was Jenna. She was in the middle of reading a newspaper and drinking a cup of coffee when Nicole had entered the room. 

"Good morning sunshine" Jenna said to Nicole. 

"Hi"Nicole mumbled  to her aunt.  While she walked over to the coffee pot to pour herself a cup of coffee. 

" is everything okay" Jenna asks after noticing Nicole staring of to space. 

"Yeah, just have a headache that's all" Nicole replied while walking over to take a seat next to her aunt. 

"ohhh" Jenna says while shaking her head and rolling her eyes while  laughing. Nicole looks strangely at her aunt with a look on her face thinking her aunt has lost it. what is so funny about her having a headache. 

" Listen i get it I was young once and drank even though I  wasn't old enough" Jenna said to her niece smiling. then continued to say " if anything I'm happy you let loose at the dinner party last night" 

" what dinner party" Nicole asks 

 "The one last night at the Salvatore's" Jenna replied noticing her confusion written all over her nieces face. She starts to get worried and asks " do you honestly not remeber anything from last night honey " 

Nicole nods her head. She honestly didn't. It was like her mind was completely blank. Noticing her aunt getting worried. " Don't worry Aunt Jenna I'm sure its just too early in the morning mixed in with a hangover I'm sure after a while i'll remember last night" she tells her aunt hoping that will get her to stop worrying. It seems to work, because a smile soon takes over her aunt's face. 

"Nicole where's your necklace" Jenna asks after noticing a piece of jewelry missing from Nicole's neck. 

" What necklace" Nicole asks in confusion. 

" The one that Elijah gave you last night" Jenna told her. A phone alarm goes off interrupting the two girls. Realizing it's her own Jenna grabs it. Looking at the clock stamp on her phone. Jenna realizies she is running late for work she finishes  up her coffee in a quick gulp. She looks at her niece apologetically and tells her she late and they'll finish this conversation as soon as she gets back and leaves the kitchen in a hurry. Leaving Nicole now more confused then ever. 

What necklace was her aunt talking about  and more importantly who the hell is Elijah ? 

............................

DID YOU MISS ME DARLINGS