Chapter Sixteen

The next morning, as I spoke to Ally during homeroom, I could feel her growing shock.

"What do you mean you're dating Julio Hernandez?!" She demanded, and I glanced furtively around, not wanting anyone to know before I told them myself.

"Keep your voice down." I ordered, trying to figure out if the girl behind of us, a notorious gossip named Dahlia, had heard. If Dahlia knew something, the entire school would too in a matter of hours and I wanted to be the one to tell Chris, Ryo and Romi, who I was surprisingly close to now, after her party.

After we'd established that we were now dating, we might have made out a little before he dropped me back home and I'd spent all night thinking of him like a giddy middle schooler with a schoolgirl crush.

"Okay, but please tell me how this happened?" She questioned, giggling. She loved all things romance.

"I don't know. I just really like him, and then we kissed and then we fought about something stupid and we kissed again." I explained, and she squealed softly.

"That sounds like something out of a teen fiction story!" Ally exclaimed, grinning widely.

"It does, doesn't it?" I said, unable to keep the smile off my face.

*
When I got to Physics, Julio was already there. In fact, he was the only one in class. He was wearing a hoodie instead of his jacket and the hood was up, and his head was bent, like he was asleep or trying to sleep.

"Hi!" I chirped sliding into the seat beside him, my boyfriend. He was my boyfriend. I had a boyfriend.

As you can see, it wasn't something I could get over easily.

He looked up, startled, and relaxed when he saw it was only me.

"Hey, princess." He said, smiling lazily. I look around the room, to make sure that no one had walked in while I was greeting him.

When I saw that the class was empty apart from the two of us, I pecked him on the lips quickly and pulled back, blushing.

"You call that a kiss?" He teased rhetorically, before leaning over and pressing his lips to mine.

I kissed him back for a moment, before pulling back. My lips were bruised, and we'd barely kissed.

"That's how it's done." He smirked, letting me pull back as he draped his arm over the back of my chair; a simple gesture, but one that made my heart race.

"I guess you have a lot to teach me, then." I teased flirtatiously, reaching up to kiss his jaw.

Julio breathed in deeply, before glowering at me. "Less than a day in, and you're already teasing me, princess."

I only giggled, and leaned into him, as people were beginning to filter into class and I wasn't a huge fan of PDA.

"Are you two, you know, together?" Chelsea whispered obnoxiously to me, the moment she took her seat.

"What's it to you?" Julio retorted before I could say anything, scowling.

"Sorry." She squealed, turning forward and sitting in the edge of her seat so she didn't have to be anywhere close to him.

"Would it kill you to be nicer?" I asked, poking him in the side with my pencil, just as Mr. Barker walked into class.

"Maybe." He said, flashing that stupid smirk of his at me and I rolled my eyes, turning my attention to Physics, the class I was probably failing.

*
"I'm dating Julio Hernandez." I rushed out, closing my eyes and bracing myself for the outburst that was sure to come.

Instead, I was met by silence.