Chapter Zero: "Prologue - Banished"

The Zodiacs were frolicking through the skies. They had decided to break the rules by moving around, it was bright daylight and no mortal could see them, what's the worst that could happen? They were the newest generation and didn't like their responsibilities. 

  Cancer and Pisces were moving the stars around from Ursa major as he protested and attempted to receive his stars. Libra, Gemini and Aries were chasing each other around the stars, occasionally tripping and kicking the stars elsewhere because they were a "nuisance". Scorpio had traveled to the Southern Sky and he was teasing Crux, the smallest constellation. The earth signs sat and laughed at the scenes going on around them as played some football with the few lone stars. Aquarius and Leo giggled as they crept up behind Sagittarius.  "Boo!" Aquarius cried as he pushed Sagittarius forward. Startled she released an arrow toward the Northern sky. It pierced Aquila and her stars scattered across the sky.

 Suddenly there was a flash of bright light and there, in front of them, stood Orion. His burning glare pierced through them. Behind him stood a nervous star, it was Altair, one of the stars from Aquila. He had told. The Zodiacs nervously stood in a row and bowed their heads. Orion waved his arm at the mess fixing everything. He then turned to them and boomed, "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" he cried, obviously referring to their behavior. Nobody said a word. Aries stood up, "We were bored." Capricorn pulled her back while the other signs nodded. 

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR ANCESTORS WOULD THINK ABOUT THIS!" he boomed. Virgo replied cooly,

 "Nothing, they're gone, and they left us with you, and we're needed here, you can't do anything." 

"Yeah! What are you going to do? Banish us?" Leo retorted as Taurus snickered. Orion looked at them with cold eyes,

"Precisely." Those were the last words they heard before a black void opened underneath them and they disappeared.

  "Legend has it that they were sent to earth, that they blended in with humans and lived normal lives. It is believed that their descendants still are on this planet, they just don't know it." The mother closed the book with a sigh and turned to turn off the nightlight. 

"Mom, is it true that they might still be on the earth?" The mother turned to her 7-year-old with a gentle smile, "Of course not sweetie, it's just a myth."

"What is a myth?"

"A story that's not true, now go to sleep." She replied, kissing the boy on the forehead and leaving him to sleep.

 ~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hey guys, what did you think of the prologue? Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter! Just so you know, I am NOT going to post every day, I just posted today because I thought characters aren't really part of the story (obviously they are important, but still).

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Yours truly,

Zodiac Lover No.1,

Leslie