38. A Devil's Vow

Hello!

I don't even know if I'll be forgiven this time round for disappearing for another month without any prior notice nor do I know how many will return back to the story. I won't blame anyone if they don't!
Waiting back, without having any clue of when the update might come isn't easy.

But I truly am sorry!

I can't ever promise faster updates..... however I can promise you all one thing which is absolutely certain... BOUND will NEVER be left abandoned! It's too close to my heart to ever do this

It's been a long and hard journey to reach this far and I've loved and cherished every moment of it to let it all go to waste!

I sincerely hope that you all enjoy this chapter and find it within your hearts to forgive me.

This chapter is dedicated to xxfriesbeforeguysxx and DancingSkyfall for your kind and sweet messages. Your love and concern touched my heart even with the miles long distance between us!

Beautiful cover by rashidislight. Thank you so much for your hardwork. I really appreciate it ❤️

And Without any further delays, I present to everyone the longest ever chapter of the book so far! Enjoy!

Not edited, please excuse any grammatical errors!

******
Sullivan Estate, New York.

A few hours later, Amara sat on the floor of her room, her back against the door and her knees up against her chest, staring at the ceiling with almost vacant eyes.

She sniffed, wiping away the tears that had streamed down her cheeks as all the events of the morning whirled viciously inside her head. She couldn't believe that so much had happened in a short span of time!

Amara closed her eyes tightly when the sound of light footsteps reached her ears, and she knew who it was somehow just by the sound of it, the carefulness of it, ever considerate towards her.

"Amara?"

It was a while before Damien spoke and even then his voice wasn't strong like always. It was a short call, barely more than a whisper, fear and nervousness latched on to the end of it.

She hitched a cry, biting her lip to stop the sound to the point of drawing blood.

"Amara, please it's me .....open the door",he called out softly. "I just...need to see for myself that you are alright."

Amara wiped away her tears, clearing her throat once before calling out,"I-I'm fine."

Try as she might she was unable to stop the trembling of her lips and on the other side of the door Damien's worry grew tenfold.

"I would like to see it for myself", he replied back gently. "Open the door please."

She scrubbed at her face furiously, removing any and all traces of her tears as she stood up to unlock the door but turned away quickly before Damien could glance at her.

Damien stepped inside her room, closing the door behind him.

"You left the school in a hurry", he began conversationally. "I would have come with you if I knew that you were leaving."