{mickey imagine #3}

imagine, you had to leave chicago due to your abusive father

imagine, you had to leave chicago due to your abusive father. mickey has threatened to "put him in his place" multiple times, but you always told him to leave it alone because you didn't want mickey to go back to jail. he had been fighting every urge to go against you and beat your father until he could barely breathe.

one day, you just couldn't take it anymore. you couldn't take the abuse. you were scared every moment of your life. you couldn't even sleep, knowing that your father could murder you at any moment in time.

so, you packed up a bag and decided that you were leaving chicago and not returning until you turned 18.

when you broke the news to mickey, he insisted that you stay and let him beat the living shit out of your father. however, after telling him that wouldn't settle anything, but make it worse, he backed off. he didn't want you to go, listing multiple solutions that didn't have you leaving and not being with him for two years.

"mickey you'll be fine," you promised him. "i have to go, i don't want to be late for my bus." you cupped his face in your hands and smashed your lips against his.

after a moment, you pulled away, tears rolling down your face as you left the milkovich household to catch your bus.

mickey watched you leave, holding back the tears he felt burning in his eyes.

who knew when the next time he'd see you is?

-

a/n: hope everyone had a very merry christmas!! and for those who don't celebrate christmas, i hope you all had a wonderful holiday!!