Chapter Four

I sat up from bed. I groaned and glanced around the room. There was no trace of Savannah ever being here, and I wondered if I had imagined it all. I turned my head and the throbbing set in, I winced and rubbed my temples. I decided based on the hangover, there was no way I'd imagined last night. Slowly, images came back to me, and I wondered where Savannah had gotten to. 

"Savvy?" I whispered as I crawled from bed slowly. 

"Hi little dike," she laughed, "are you sure you're straight?" She dried her hair with a towel as she came out of the bathroom. 

"I'm sure that I'm hungover." She laughed again at my pain and I flicked her off. "What's with the dike comments?" I asked in my all too famous 'bitch pitch'. 

"Well, we got offered a couple one night stands but you still preferred to come home with me, and wouldn't stop confessing your undying love for me." I flicked her off again, and walked towards my bathroom. I pushed past her and walked in. I started the water, and swallowed a couple of cups of water and some aspirin. I showered quickly and cleaned the makeup from my face. I walked into the bedroom and dressed in comfortable sweats and a hooded sweatshirt. 

"Ah," I groaned, "I have to leave with my mother tonight."

"Where are you two headed?"

"To New York." I laughed, "We're going to try on my bridal party dress and get it fitted and whatever." 

"Lucky!" She smiled at me and I glared at her. "I wish my mother was that cool." She pouted for a minute, and I ignored her. 

"Yeah right," I muttered, "I'll trade you, we're about the same size, right?" 

"Yeah, I think your mom would know I'm not her kid."

"How? I mean, you're only my opposite." I said, gasping at her sarcastically. I pinned my hair back and packed some clothes in a bag for my overnight stay in New York. I tucked it over my shoulder and looked at Savvy. 

"What?" She asked. 

"Do I look hungover?" I asked her finally. I wanted to ask her if she really thought that I was gay. Maybe that's why I was so bitter towards my mother's new found love, and Viper's multiple girlfriends. I waited for her answer and wondered deeper if I could be gay. Maybe that's why I didn't want to go home with anybody but Savvy. Was I in love with Savannah. I looked at her and waited for an answer. She got off the bed and moved closer to me. 

"Here," she dabbed cover up under my eyes with a sponge and dabbed it with her fingers. I looked down at her and tried to picture if she could ever potentially be my girlfriend, "better." She backed off and I watched her walk away to the bed. I felt nothing towards her that was sisterly. I sighed and flopped down on my bed. I wanted to ask her questions concerning my 'gay' or 'not gayness' but knew that would raise way to much conversation. I ignored the urge and rested my head on my pillow. My mother burst into my room in an overly dressy track suit. I studied her and rolled my eyes. 

"Darling, would you drop Savvy off so we could head out? It's a few hours to New York." 

"Yeah," I kicked Savannah from my bed, "come on." She caught herself and glared at me. She had put on some of my clothes, and left her bag of dressy clothes in room. I kicked it under my bed, knowing the smell of alcohol would linger if I let the bag open and my mother would get suspicious. We walked down the stairs, and Viper was walking in the front door. He had sex hair, and a wide grin. He looked Savannah up and down and smiled at her the way he smiled at his one night stand girls. 

"Hey Savvy," he whispered as he walked by her. I could see her physically melt but she kept her composure, "the offer still stands, you know?"

"It's been standing for two years now," she smiled at him, "I'll let you know if I ever change my mind and even if the offer sits, it'll stand for me." He laughed and kept his pace into the kitchen. We exited the front door and I looked my car over. It was a bulky mess, and I laughed to myself. 

"Wait, how the hell did you get here last night?"

"Jack dropped me off." I nodded and didn't wonder who Jack was in the slightest. I couldn't help but think I wasn't interested in knowing who he was because I might be gay. I shut my eyes and started the car. Would I have cared if she said a girl dropped her off? I shook the thought off and headed towards her house. She turned the radio on to a ditsy pop song and I sighed. There just wasn't a decent station with a balance now a days. She was silent, mouthing the words to the song and checking her facebook. I stayed focused on the road, and tried to keep the worry out of my thoughts. I pulled into her driveway and she leaned over me and hugged me. 

"Thank you!" She hugged me over the seat, "I love you! Send me a picture of the dress." She didn't wait for a response, just jumped out and ran into the house. She was met by a guy at the door and I pulled out before I was overly bitter. Or maybe jealous. I headed to my house and shook the anger, jealousy, and bitterness off as I headed home. The ride was quiet, and I avoided thinking by staring at the road the entire time. When I pulled in, my mother was in the driveway. She had put my bag in the car, and I wondered if she found the alcohol smelling clothes. She didn't look detered so I continued towards her. I got out of the car and she handed me my pillow and a blanket. 

"Ready?" She asked climbing in the driver's side. 

"Yeah, I guess so." I slid into the passenger side and studied my mom as she pulled out and onto the freeway. I couldn't fight the questions that were bubbling inside of me and I just had to ask. "Mom?"

"Yes dear?"

"What do you think of people who are gay?"

"Why Viva, do you have a friend that's gay?" 

"Yeah, I think I do. But she's not sure if she is or not." 

"Oh, it's a she? That's not gay, that's lesbian honey." I rolled my eyes. 

"Same thing, what do you think?"

"I think that all people should be accepting, and should live a life that they feel comfortable and happy in." I nodded, it was good to hear that my mother wouldn't shun me if I was gay. 

"I agree." She smiled at me over the wheel and I laid down plugging the headphones into my ears tight. I hit play on a long playlist for car rides that took forever. I shut my eyes and began to drift. My mind wondered until I had fallen asleep.