Chapter Forty Four

Thank you so much for this banner @lizzie_Vargas02 (not sure why it's not tagging you) this banner is awesome! Much appreciated (:

Word Count: 1863

~Alaya

I have no other choice but to go to this party.

The message on the other side of the invitation was the most incriminating information on me in this world. It made me feel sick to my stomach, but guessing by the signing off at the bottom, it made sense how this could be known. Naturally, I had to check, and once I had confirmed it to be true, I decided I have to go to this party.

I just have to hope Asher will be here. This new discovery, as heartbreaking as it may seem, is something I have to inform him about.

As my dress arrives, and I pull it out of its box, I wonder if he would even want to talk to me. He left me as his own decision, which I know is to help me get on with with my life, but after everything that I have been through, I'm not about to accept it for just that.

He's my mate. I don't care if he's related to Sinful.

The dress is beautiful, as it seems to be every year. This time, it is a subtle lavender colour, which brings back memories of the first eyes I looked into when I met Sinful. I shake off the cold feeling that dances up my back. Sinful has nothing to do with this night. This is about me and Asher, and what the decision is going to be that he has to make.

Nothing has changed since last year. The transportation is still the same. And the nerves for what the night might hold are still there, prevalent as ever.

What if Asher isn't there? He seemed to only be there to distract me. Everything was about distraction, so tonight, I'm trying to foresee his next move. Will I be drugged again? Will Shanae throw me off a balcony?

As we pull up outside the estate, the camera's flashing in my eyes already, I almost have to excuse myself to throw up.

Can I do this?

The procedure remains the same. I walk across the carpet, I hand the invitation to the same lady as last year, and shoulder my way through the strands of glittering confetti, ready for what I will see on the other end. Of course, it's business as usual, with all the same looking people dancing around, drinking the drink that will steal their memory later tonight. Those who live on the Main Street with copious amounts of money all look the exact same.

Why did I ever think that was the life for me?

My next move to find Asher, which won't be easy. I was deceived every step of the way while I was here all those years ago. The only way I had first contacted Asher was by his means, rather than mine. For all I know, he could do anything in his power not to see me.

Naturally, I'm going to try my luck. I slip through dancing bodies, ignoring the pounding music in my ears, making a straight line toward the bathroom. This is a bad idea, but right now, it's the only one I can think of right now.

No one is in the bathroom as I step in, closing the door behind me as if it would make a difference. I glance at myself in the mirror, ignoring how dressed up I am. I don't like conforming to the simplicity of the people outside.

Taking a deep breath, not knowing what's about to happen, I turn to the door.

When I open it, my heart jumps to my throat. The ballroom has disappeared, and I'm in the same hallway as I was when this first happened. Immediately, without hesitation this time, I make my way confidently to the next door. When I open it, I'm thrown back to three years ago.