Chapter 16

Does anyone actually read the Authors Notes at the end of my chapters? Please let me know,

****

"Peter?" I question into the phone line.

"Kaden? Allie is fine, why are you calling?"

I have to right the urge to roll my eyes. He thinks I don't trust him and Lucy's ability to protect my mate. And the fact is, that's not true at all. I just don't trust their son. Who does?

"I'm calling about Micah," I inform him. "As well as some new safety precautions,"

"Okay.... What did Micah do? I thought he was in the pack cells,"
"He was," I growl, starting to get vaguely irritated with his lack of comprehension. I'm only tolerating it because he's my mates father.

"And he's not anymore?"

'No, you idiot!' my wolf shouts. I want to say the same thing, but I don't.

"No, he's not," I say, my voice deathly calm. "He escaped and left a note for me saying that he's coming for Allie,"

I hear Peter growl on the other end. "What has gotten into him? He was never like this,"

"Well clearly he is now," I snap. "And I need to be able to protect my mate from your child that wants to harm her,"

I can almost picture Peter nodding, though I doubt be understands what I'm getting at. "I agree. Just how do you plan on doing that?"

"I want her to move in with me," I state as calmly as I'm able.

But Peter starts growling before I can even finish my sentence. "No! Absolutey not! She's still a baby,"

'My baby,' my wolf growls lowly. He's become very possessive over our mate here lately, though I can't say I blame him.

"Peter," I exhale, pinching the bridge of my nose. "You really don't need to remind me of my mates age. I know how old she is and how old I am. But right now, that is the least of my concern, and all I really care about is keeping her safe. The best way for me to do that is for her to be with me,"

"Why does she have to be with you?" Peter roars. "Me and Lucy can protect her just fine when she's here,"

I groan out loud and tug at the roots of my hair. "For one thing, Micah doesn't know where my house is. Two, there are more guards near me than you, and three, she's my mate, I need to be near her,"

In reality, all of these things are true, but there's one thing I'm leaving out, the one real reason why I want Allie to stay with me. Why I need her to.

Peter scoffs, somehow seeing right through my act. "Please. That's not the real reason. What is?"

Crap.

I know immediately that he's not going to like my idea. But it's the only thing that makes sense, the only idea that is logical for our current dilemma. Sure, in a different situation, my mindset would vary, but we aren't in a different situation. And my thoughts can only form one solution.

"Kaden?" Peter growls. "If you have any hope of my daughter staying with you, you better tell me why you want her over there. I'm just going to assume the worst otherwise,"

I huff out loud and brace myself for the bad reaction I'm sure to receive from my next statement. But I have to tell him. It won't even be a possibility otherwise,"

"I-I, wa-" My voice shudders and quakes, something that has never happened to me before. I'm normally never nervous, why is now any different?

'Shut up and ask him!' my wolf commands. 'The sooner you do the quicker we can see mate!'

I know he's right.

"Kaden?" Peter questions from the other end of the phone.

I sigh and close my eyes, preparing myself once again. But this time I can finally get the words out.

"I want to mark her,"

****

Sorry this is short, but I wanted to end with a cliffhanger. Look for the next update in 15 minutes or so!

Please vote/comment!