Episode 9

Scarlett walks up the steps of the small white house and gently knocks on the dark red door.

Mrs. Adam opens the door and greets Scarlett with a soft, motherly smile. "Yes? Can I help you?"

Scarlett smiles a big, friendly smile and holds out her hand. "Hi! You must be Mrs. Adam. I'm Scarlett Westerly."

Mrs. Adam can't help but smile along with Scarlett although she had no clue who she is and reaches out to shake her hand.

"I'm here to see Joe."

"Oh! Of course." Mrs. Adam exclaims and opens the door wider for her to walk in. "He's just up in his room with Danielle. You can go on up, if you want."

"Thank you, Mrs. Adam." She gives the woman one last smile before turning and walking up the stairs to Joe's room and knocks on his closed door. Dani laughs as Joe pulls out a shirt that looks like it could fit a five year old. Joe hears the knock and glaces at the door then back at Dani with a small smirk. "Looks like your reinforcements are here."

"Come on in!" Dani shouts.

Scarlett opens the door and walks into Joe's room with a smile. "So, I hear we are in need of some serious fashion tips." Joe turns around while holding the shirt that looks like it could fit a five year old. "And by the look of that shirt...I can see why." Scarlett adds with a small smirk and hands placed confidently on her hips.

Dani laughs softly at Scarlett's comment. "Thanks for coming."

"No problem. I'm always up for a job in fashion." Scarlett replies. "So...what kind of look are we going for? And why exactly are we changing things?"

Dani looks over at Joe with a smirk as he slowly begins to answer Scarlett's question. "Well...lets just say there's this girl..."

Scarlett suddenly turns confused and looks from Joe to Dani and back again. "Wait...so...you two..." She points at Dani and Joe. "...you aren't dating?"

Joe looks over at Dani with wide eyes the same time she looks over at him with wide eyes as they both exclaim. "What? No!"

Joe looks over at Scarlett with curiosity. "Why would you think that?"

She smirks and allows her arms to hand loosely at her sides. "I'm pretty sure everyone at school thinks that. You guys are always hanging out together...it's like you're joined at the hip. Rumors are bound to fly."

"Yeah...well, we're not." Dani states, just trying to play along with Joe's obvious outrage at the whole thing.

Scarlett nods once. "Good to know." She looks back at Joe and a smile begins to form on her face. "So...who's the girl? Do I know her?"

Dani starts to speak but is soon cut off by a hand over her mouth and Joe quickly speaks up before she can get a word out. "No, no one you know."

Scarlett chuckles at Joe's hand over Dani's mouth and speaks sarcastically. "Right." She sighs and walks over to Joe's mess of clothes on the bed. "Well, first things first..." She turns around to look at Joe. "...we are going to need to see what's wearable and what's unbearable." She reaches down and picks up a large clump of the clothes on his bed and hands them over to Joe before pushing him to his bathroom. "Make it snappy." She smiles and closes the door in his face.

~~~

Logan's sitting across from Mia at one of the coffee house tables. "So, why are you working here?"

"Why does anybody work anywhere? I need the money."

Logan gives her an incredulous look. "Yeah, I got that but why are you working here? You don't even like coffee."