chapter 3

:-)

Once I returned home, I saw the table all set with assorted food, the sight made my eyes water. Are we expecting guests, because am pretty sure that all of these food cannot be finished by two people or maybe mom has an announcement to make, even though she can just tell me one-to-one instead of all the drama, but indeed there must be drama. The last time she did something like this it was to announce the arrival of my dad. My dad is in the military, the last time I saw him was three years ago, but I can still remember him all s clearly when he was going.

FLASHBACK.

Mummy woke me up around 2am, it was two months to my birthday on August and I knew he would not be there physically but we would spend almost the whole day skyping so it feel like would he was there but in actuality he wasn't. She told me daddy was going and that he'd be back soon but I didn't believe because I've heard this over and over again he never came back soon, he always came back within two-four years

"Honey, wake up, daddy is about to go back to the barrack" My mum shook to me to wake up. All evidence and trail of sleep leaving my eyes and my body as I jumped out of bed, I ran to the living room where I saw my dad with all his things that need to be packed to the barrack, they were on the floor beside him. The immediate second I saw him I started crying. I knew I won't see him physically in a very long time.

" You promised!!!. You said you won't leave until next two months!!, until my 11th birthday passes, and now your leaving!, can't you just wait two more months? That all I ask. Just two more months. Please" I was in his arms. My emotions fluctuating from sadness to anger, I couldn't hold it in, I started crying anew,the fresh batch of tears were hotter than the previous, this one stung. I started pounding his chest hoping it would help let go of all the anger but it wasn't helping at all, in fact it only made my fingers numb and pale.

"Darling, you know if I was given a choice I wouldn't give two thoughts about it, I will always choose family, but right now I have no choice, I have to go. I'll be back shorter than usual if it makes you feel any better, maybe in 6 months, and then we will have a great feast, they will be your favourites. So if you forgive me and allow me to go now, the next time I come back, I'll make the feast grand. Deal?" My dad is so good in making negotiations.

"Deal." I agreed. Hopefully this promise is kept. But then they say promises are meant to be broken, I don't believe that.

He kept his promise and showed up, we had a grand feast. But the happiness was short lived because he had to go back in two days, but right then I was more than happy. But then he left to the barrack.

END OF FLASHBACK.

My mum didn't seem to joyful about the event, all she told me was

"Go freshen up and change to a nice gown." I nodded. I was about to go when she added, "put on your best behavior". Just then I knew she didn't like the visitor, she only told me to put my best act when she felt like she had to act impress visitor, but if they were normal visitor then everyone will be on their usual behavior.

I went upstairs to my room, took a shower(because I obviously don't want to stink for this special event), brushed my messy hair then curled it, did a little makeup. The dress I wore was a short peach gown, (it was kind of thigh level at the front, then longer at the back)(A/N: I think it's called 'party at the front and something at the back'.... Well a picture of the dress and my hair with shoes is shown below.)

After I was done getting ready, I headed downstairs

After I was done getting ready, I headed downstairs. To my surprise the dinner had already begone without me, and my mum's expected visitors had arrived. Mum was not happy about this. Not one bit. But I guess 'it was an off she couldn't refuse'.

Coming down from the stairs, a strong unfamiliar scent hit me so hard I almost kissed the floor, but I held myself strong, I instantly knew who it was.

Mate.

Question started flooding my brain, like did mum know my mate would come? Did she hate him? Why would she hate him? Has she met him before? We're they rivals? Are our(my mate and I) parents friend? Why wow they be? Did they fight? Did she even know he's my mate? How long had she known this? What made her so furious with my mate?..... I just hope my mate is handsome and caring, but I'll never know till I go and see.

I turned to the dinner area to see who my mate was. But my blue eyes were locked with a pair of green ones, they are so lovely. A sudden bust of heated anger rushed through my veins when I saw who my mate was, it rushed through me that I felt like I needed to punch something (trust me I give good punches) I ran to him and gave him one of my best punches. My mate was

Alpha Xavier.

"That will do for now... I hope" I said feeling better because the punch fell him down from his chair, but didn't show any impact. "Why are you here?" I asked giving him a death glare.

"My family and I are going to different packs and dinning with the Alphas, Betas, and Deltas families." Alpha Xavier explained. He is the only child of his parents. I don't have anything Against his parents, just that I kept wondering how could two bundles of joy give birth to this.....bundle of destruction? I never knew it was possible until these two people proved me wrong.

"I hope it hasn't caused any sort of inconvenience to you" Karla(Xavier's mother) said.

I was about to say 'well... Not you but your son's but momma spoke before me "No, not at all. It's our pleasure to have you and your family joining dinner."Mom said putting on a fake but believable smile. I kept giving death glares to Xavier throughout dinner, I hope they hit his very core and break him down. Maybe that's too evil.

Dinner went on smoothly, the parents were talking about some political stuff, I on the other hand was stuck with Xavier because mom took my phone (she said 'you'll get it back after dinner.').

"Did you know I was your mate before you came here?" I asked because I was really curious as to know the real reason he came.

"If you must know, I knew my mate lived here but I didn't know it was you, I thought I would be someone like your sister."

Sister? I didn't have any siblings that I know of "Sister? I don't have a sister"

"I later came to realize that, and that's when I knew you were mine."

"Point of correction I am not yours. Not now, never will be."

" But you haven't rejected me, so am yours and your mine alone"

"Do not dare my ability to reject you and act like I've never met you."

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
IG:- Lil_yingz

Comment
Vote
Follow
Rate(on the scale of 1-10)
Do you think this story is going somewhere??

Well I do

But sha thanks