Ch.16

Previously
"I'm going, to be honest, I have no idea what Fluffy looks like but when I do I wanna hug him!"
➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰
Night-time Adventures

"Don't think you want to hug him, he's rather...huge" Ron blurted out getting elbowed by Hermione. "Well I'll see you trouble makers tonight I've got a date with some library books"

NIGHT TIME

I waited outside the Gryffindor common room Smoky sat on my shoulder hooting while nuzzling on my neck."why didn't you stayed in the dorm? You could get hurt you know?" He screeches pulling my hair,"alright, but if you get hurt I'm not paying your medical bill" the common room opens they scurry out the hole throwing the cloak over my head,"what took you guys so long?","Neville was awake and never anger Hermione" Ron said in a slight scared tone walking behind Hermione. We reached the door after sliding in a harp played a song along with loud snoring. I pull the cloak off turning around,"oh my god...he's adorable!" I whispered getting shushed by the guys, Smoky flutters near Fluffy but with a powerful huff he gets blown away into my arms.

"Snape's already got past Fluffy we have to hurry, help me push his paw" Harry grabbed its paw pushing it with the help of Ron and Hermione. I couldn't help but pet one of its heads from the large dog it whines leaning closer."awe you're like a baby just need love and understanding","(y/n) stop petting that beast and come here" Hermione calls motioning me to the trap door,"so who's going first? Can any of you even see the bottom of this hole?" Harry started to blab about who's staying and call a teacher, smoky hoots pulling my hair,"Smoky be quiet or you'll..wake..uphey! See ya at the bottom!","(y/n) what are-AHH!" I landed on something squishy I look up Fluffy barked up in the trap door Harry, Ron, and Hermione fell near me,"What is this?!" Ron started to hyperventilate as the vines tightly wrapped around us. Smoky pecked the vines trying to free me but was wrapped as well." stop moving this is Devil's Snare. You have to relax or it'll kill you faster","Kill us faster?! Oh, yea now I can relax!"

Hermione rolled her eyes sinking down,"oh no...it's eating me next, SEE YA!" I drop landing on my knees hermione helps me up dusting my back,"Thanks, guys relax I'm alive maybe half crippled but alive!" Harry falls next getting up quickly,"he isn't going to relax is he?" I shake my head,"what do we do?!" Harry shouts looking up,"Smoky? You okay there?!" He hoots falling but flies in time onto my shoulder,"awe knew you could do it, come on Ron if Smoky can do it you can!"

Hermione sings the short song about devil snare,"that's it! It hates sunlight!","I got this Lumos Solem!" The plant screeches releasing Ron,"you okay?" Harry helps him up while Ron tries not to look at us in the eye,"lucky we didn't panic","Yea you big baby, what's that sound?","let's go find out" the fluttering sound got louder as we neared it's destination,"I've never seen these tilted of birds before" hermione says looking up,"they're not birds. They're keys. And I bet one of them fits that door." The large cave like room stretched high a broom floats in the middle the keys fly peacefully,"what's this about?" Hermione says,"I don't know" Ron walks over to the door casting the unlock spell jiggling it but it wouldn't budge.

"Well that didn't work","what are we going to do now? There must be a thousand keys"hermione groans looking at the keys,"well this door is old so there must be an old key as well" I pointed out,"there with the broken wing!" Harry gazed at the broom almost frowning,"What's wrong?" Hermione asks,"it's too simple","he's right but if Snape's could catch it on that old broomstick, you can too" I cheered Smoky hoots bouncing on my head,"you're the youngest Seeker in a century so is (y/n)!" Ron gloats,"(y/n), how about I steer the broom and you catch it?","alright but if you drop me and I die I'm coming back to haunt you" I hand smoky to hermione going to Harry. The second his hand touches the broom the keys rapidly fly around us pecking us like birds would,"get on!" I wrap my arms on Harry's waist as we flys in circles with the keys following us,"I see the key catch it!" I see the old rusty key it's broken wing made it near easy to get,"got it!" Harry passes beside Hermione and Ron I toss the key to them,"open it!" Harry leads the keys all the way up diving through the door along with the keys crashing on the shut door,"woah...my whole life flashed before my eyes...I sleep a lot guys"

"Where are we? And why is it so dark?" I ask the tall statues sat in the dark getting closer to them,"is this a grave yard?" Harry asks looking around the room the dead bodies lay in the cold forgotten,"this isn't a grave yard, it's a chess board" Ron walks in the edge the flames like up the room,"there's the door" hermione exclaims the pawns made an X with their swords not letting us pass,"what do we do now?","it's it obvious we have to play our way through, harry (y/n) both of you take the empty bishops spot hermione you'll be the queens side castle I'll be the night","wait. I don't think it's possible for me and Harry to be in one square","there isn't anymore spots you be and extra piece that'll get hit" I nod following Harry to the bishops square,"what do we do now?","well white moves first then it's our turn the white pawn moves stopping,"Ron you don't think it's going to be like real wizards chess, do you?" I grab onto Harry's arm looking over his shoulder,"uh you there! D5!" The black pawn rolls forward the white pawn slams its sword braking it into pieces,"yes hermione I think it's going to be exactly like wizards chess"

Explosion after explosion the chess statues demolished each other,"is this a bad time to say I need to pee?" Harry nods turning around hearing another explosion from the chess piece,"you okay?","Yea don't think Smoky is though" I looked down at the shivering owl in my arms. "Wait a minute" Harry gazed at the board noticing something,"you under stand, Harry? Once I make my move the queen will take me then you guys are free to check the king","Ron no that's idiotic!" I shout at him my heart pounds in my chest scared that he's might injure himself,"what's he doing?" Hermione still didn't understand,"he's going to sacrifice himself","no there must be another way!" ,"do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry (y/n) it's you two that has to go on. I know it. Not me, not hermione. You two!","just be careful","night to h3"