Wrong path (Armin x Annie one shot)

( Listen to: attack on titan ending 1 [Full]. I really recommend it! )

Armin. Armin Arlert. I've never felt like this. My feelings had changed. I never knew that you would do this to me. You of all people. It really hurts... that you left me behind. The way you stared at me back then. Your eyes were telling me that you really were disgusted by me. You always told me to come with you, Mikasa and Eren when you saw me sitting on a corner by myself.. Like you understood how it felt to be alone. You always smiled when you were with me and I didn't even smile back. I wanted to pretend that I didn't care but the thing was.. I cared. I really did. It felt like my heart jumped out from my chest when I saw you smile with that beautiful smile of your's. Sometimes we sneaked out to read one of your books in the moonlight. It felt really good because you held me tight and you never let me go. You was the only one I could be myself with and you were the only one I started to open myself to. It felt like I was home. I could be that Annie I really was. I'm not boring or evil. I just need a person who understands me like you did. The only one except you that understands me is my father. He was always there for me and he said to me that people don't understand you and they don't want to either. This world is evil. People don't care about you or others just themselves and their beloved ones. I started to train in a very young age to survive. When we were invaded by the titans my father bent down giving me a hug and then he said:

- Annie, I'm sorry for doing this to you.. But this world is evil. If you need to.. make the whole world your enemy! Nobody cares about you as much I do so please Annie, COME BACK!

I'll never forget those words. I didn't know what to do so I just nodded and then he let me go.  I was going to train in the 104th trainee squad. At first I had no one to be with but that was okay. I'm used to be alone since I was a child.. but then I met a girl named Mina Carolina. She was an amazing girl that always was with me even when I skipped the trainings. It's one thing I'll never forget about her and it was when I didn't get any food and everyone knew that I never got any so they hid their food but Mina gave her food to me.

- Why do you give me your food? You haven't even touched it and you give it to me anyways?, I said with an emotionless voice. I could feel the glares burning on my back but I didn't care.

- In this world we need to learn to share what we've got. If we don't, who will?, Mina said and smiled. My eyes widened. This girl cares about me.. No, not only about me. She cares about everyone. That day I learned that not everyone is cruel and that it still do exist wonderful people in this world but you're not always lucky to find them. Mina and I started to really create strong bounds to each other and I really loved her as a good friend. We talked about everything but still.. If you have anything you love someone will take it from you. This world is merciless like that. Mina got eaten by a titan when we were fighting in Trost... I didn't know what to do.. She was a person I started to open for after all. But a person I really started to open for, maybe a little too much was you, Armin. You really understand me and that's the reason I couldn't kill you back then. You mean the world to me Armin and I really want everything to work out but it can't.. I already chose my path and you your's. I can't do anything now either when I'm stuck in this crystal.. I just want to tell you how much I love you Armin but I can't... I told my father that I'll come back to him and I think he's still waiting for me in our little house in the mountains. Father.. I just want to tell you that not every person in this world is cruel.. It's just that they judge you by which path you're going on. If you're going on the path everyone is going on they'll not judge you but if you go in your own path.. That's when they'll judge you. It doesn't matter if it's a good or a bad path. I went on my own path.. I don't know if that was good or bad. I don't regret anything..  just that I lost a important person. I do care about people who I've killed because I'm still a human. It really hurts to kill people you know. I'm not a heartless monster. I have a heart. It really hurts to kill but it hurts even more when the person who you love hates you.