04:00 - The Countdown

CINDERELVIS

Created By; Snow Marisvega

Chapter Four

FLASHBACK

Calla and Elvis were walking in the garden, she was holding his hand while her face held a beautiful, warm smile.

"Good morning, ma'am." A servant greeted, smiling at her as he walked past them.

"Good morning, Chris." She responded with a big smile.

Calla was wearing a yellow long dress, her hair let down and a small silver locket on her neck.

"Mom."

"Hm?" She looks down at Elvis, a flower in her hand.

"Why don't the bad guys in books just get along with the good guys?"

"Because they're bad guys and a lot of them are either angry or jealous or just plain cruel?" She shrugged.

"Do you think Mr. Barn is a villain?"

Calla frowned, confused. She let out a small laugh. "Why would I think your principal was a villain?"

"Because he kinda acts like one and looks like one, and it doesn't help that he has a cane. I'm telling you that's some sorcerer thing right there."

"Like who?"

"Like Jaffar. And he's so snarky, like I'm ten years old, I'm not the cause of your problems!"

Calla hollered. "That doesn't make him a villain. But if you ever encounter a villain," she stopped walking and squatted, facing her son. "If you ever a bad person, do not let them take your pretty smile and light away. They know how to do that and they can make you hate who you are but never give them that power, sweetie, okay?"

Elvis smiled and nodded. "I promise."

"Good." She tucked her son's hair behind his ear. "Now, do you want to sing me a song? How about that one I taught you that we both composed and then—" Calla immediately groaned in pain as she closed her eyes and winced, placing a hand on her head as she heard a small ringing. 

Elvis frowned softly, concerned. "Mommy, are you okay?"

Calla didn't respond immediately but nodded. She looked back at her son and smiled. "Yeah, mommy has a headache."

"Do you want to go inside and rest then? I'll just find Knight Saerus and play with him?"

"Who's that?"

"Oh, that's my nickname for Joshua." Elvis smiled.

"There's my beautiful wife and lovely son." They both hear from a close distance. Their eyes turn to the direction of the voice.

"Daddy!" Elvis excitedly runs to his father, who catches him and picks him up. He kisses his cheek. "How's my baby boy?"

"I'm okay. Daddy, do you have villains at your work place? And do they have magic or canes?" Elvis asked as his father walked towards his wife who had a big smile on his face.