Chapter 14

"Balasie!" Elle shouted and waved at the figure of Flurry flying towards them.

"He's back!" Gale yelled.

All of them were smiling at the sight of Balasie the wizard. He finally arrived to them and got off flurries bare back.

"You're back!" Elle said hugging Balasie.

Gale and Alura hugged Balasie after Elle. "You're finally back with us." Gale said.

"Yes, looks like you all did well without me anyway." Balasie said then he noticed Tydar with them. "Who's this?"

"Oh, thats Tydar." Gale said.

"We just meet but I'm headed the same way. I won't be much trouble to you." Tydar said, slightly intimidated by the wizard.

"Okay lets go," Elle said. "It isn't much far to Valton now."

"Great!" Alura smiled.

They rode out on their loyal horses on the rocky fields. Until midday where they took a break. They ate the travel bread which was surprisingly quite filling but Tydar ate his own provisions.

"What's a Elf doing around these parts?" Balasie asked Tydar.

"I just like to travel around." Tydar shrugged.

"Not very usual for an Elf but I guess people shouldn't just follow a set rules of their race." the wizard said.

"Where's you home town?" Elle asked.

Tydar turned to her, "Aldermore, an Elven city south of the Golden Forest." he said. "Where are you from Elle? you're an Elf right?"

"I'm from the Golden Forest but I'm actually half Elf." Elle said then took a bite of her bread.

"So you're almost twenty five? that's why you're going?" Tydar asked.

"Yeah I'm twenty three." Elle said.

"Have you guys noticed any strange things on your travels?" Tydar asked.

"Have we ever!" Alura said rolling her eyes.

"Like what? I've encountered a Tavag on my way from Faycliff to Tirron." Tydar said.

"We've encounter a few." Elwood said.

"And Naudin," Gale said.

"Naudin? aren't they banished?" Tydar said.

"Well they are but they have come back from the shadows." Balasie said.

"A war is coming very soon," Elwood said in a grave voice. "useless we can stop the Dark Lord before then."

"Don't be silly, there's no Dark Lord." Tydar said. "He was destroyed 200 years ago."

"There is a new Dark Lord, Sirvon." Balasie said. "We heard it from the Tavag and the Naudin we fought."

"Then I've got some information about it." Tydar said.

"Spill it out then." Elle said.

"On the Tavag I killed I found a letter on him. It said that the army to invade, in Mutter is almost ready for war."

"And you didn't realize that there is going to be a war!"

"Well.. I.. thought it was just some kind of lie."

They stopped talking about it after that, they had finished their lunch. Riding out again until nightfall then they set up camp again. Setting up the camp site on a rocky hill like last time. Tydar beat Elwood to making the fire. Elwood started giving Tydar envious looks. It was like Tydar was taking over his role in the team.