5 | Parents' Suspicious Conversation

|©Reandayo - 3 January, 2018|

Wellington.....

Now that I think about it. My current family name recalled a certain dejavu inside my head.

Is this that cliche part where the protagonist just realized that she's in a game or novel.......No, that's not it.

I'm not sure yet whether this world is what I think it is.

I need to get my hands on the books.. Even though I'm too scared to read them, even though they made me anxious.. I need to know who my real parents is, what is the ending I got.

Forget them? You have a new life?
But I need to know why I was left alone and was abandoned!

Just, imagine yourself in my shoes... I want to know what my life could have been, without me being dead.

A car engine was heard between the silence in my room.

Brother Dylan must've gotten back home.

Right, there's no room for confusion right now, let's just face the situation first.

I closed the book and hid it amongst the books I put on the wardrobe.

"Elly!"

My brother smiles, showing his white tooth, with his childish look he looks so cute and already show potential to be a great catch of a man.

"Brother Dylan!" I grin back, hugging him like I haven't seen him for so long.

My mother interrupt, "How was it?"

He smiled bitterly, "....I'm sorry mother, I possessed the water element."

The weakest element amongst all of the elements available, but is compatible for both defense and offense.

Think about it, if you have that water element, you can control the sea and three phase of water, gas, liquid and solid. If the user knows how to use it properly, it would be the most powerful element.

"Don't be sorry! Your element is so cool, Brother Dylan!"

"Really?"

"Well at the very least, your element is more usable for our house rather than the Calvin's element of mind control." My mother joke.

"I suppose that's true." Dylan replied nonchalantly.

"Oh, but I could make you eat up your ass just with a flick of my fingers, Dydy"

"Language, Calvin" Father replied, glaring at Dylan who's mimicking with his lips.

"How about his highness, the crown prince?" Mother asked.

"The royalties this time are so tight with rules, so the crown prince's results are still unknown" My father replied.

"Six years left, and his highness the crown prince will soon turn 12 years old. Until then it is time to pick his betrothed."

"Elena would be nine.. We can't let him meet her until then."

"We still have time..."

The conversation between mother and father perked my interest greatly.

His highness crown prince....Betrothed.....Six years left....

This must be connected to marriage. I'm the only unmarried female in our small family. Plus my name was mentioned.

A planned marriage with someone I don't know is a hassle. And in most cases, the crown prince is the most potential person to trigger something bad to happened. Well, that's what I've read from most stories I've saw.

Now the real question is, are they secretly selling me out to the royalties? Are they planning to do the opposite? Or are they planning something beyond what I suspect?

I'm scared.... I wish Kai is here..