50. Paralized

The angel looked me over thoughtfully, as I stood in the center of the room. He walked around before looking at my shoulder where the golden swirls started. He looked at the mark through golden lashes before back to me.

"My love, it has been so long since I've seen you." He chuckled and I furrowed my brows.

"Uh, What is this?" I pointed to my shoulder and he walked close to me as I slightly moved back.

"That would be an angelic rune, only a angel can place one on a shadowhunters, but it appears that it wasn't properly placed." He stepped closer and I frowned.

"Well how do I turn it into a proper rune?" I asked and he smiled.

"If you let me, I can shape it into a proper rune, this one will allow part of your ability to go to your parabatai." I thought for a moment, after all, if there was a way to give Izzy half my speed, strength and possibly even energy and lightning, I would.

"Okay." I nodded, he used his nimble fingers to trace the rune forming it into two tringals linked by a circle, metallic gold in color. "Also, why am I having dreams of lake Lynn?" I asked shaking my head. "I know clary is having them too."

"My love, that is for you to figure out, with the help of your two other angelic parts, Jace and Clary." He nodded "but I can tell you one thing, once Isabelle has your energy, you won't be able to use it anymore, you will have speed and lightning but not the energy something else might come into play"

I hesitated, my energy had been my first ability, was I ready to give up that piece of myself? The thought of loosing Izzy flashed through my mind and my thoughts were stilled.

"What about my sensation for when something is about to happen? The snippets of the future?" I asked and he walked a distance away from me.

"You Get Those from your brother, that was his gift, he passed it to you. However it is not as strong as his was. This is a ghost of his abilities." Micheal answered before starting to fade.

"Micheal!" I scowled, how angels loved to leave halfway through a question. I sighed, having the feeling that Izzy was confused by the new gold rune on her shoulder.

As I stood in the courtyard I shook my head, it would be best to find the dark haired girl and explain it to her. Also to ramble about how Alec was a dick for keeping the soul sword info from me. As I walked through the institute I gasped, something bad was going to happen to max.

I shouted for Izzy and Alec as I sprinted through the halls coming to the office. On the inside was Sebastian and clary talking about finding Alec.

"Piper, what's wrong?" Sebastian frowned, looking at my shoulder. "Is that an angels mark?" He asked eyeing it and I looked around the room.

"Max, has anyone seen max?" I asked and they shook their head.

"Piper, have you seen Micheal? Angel marks hold liquid electrum and angel blood." Clary muttered touching the gold mark.

"Yeah, But that's not the point, I need to find max!" I shouted as they followed after me, I ran through the op center shouting Max's name before crashing into Isabelle.

"Piper have you seen-the rune." She swapped comparing mine to hers.

"I'll be quick, Micheal told me that this rune could give you some of my powers. Half my angel speed which is close to that of a vampire, and all of my energy. You can find out how to work it later but right now we need to find max." I breathed.

"Why? What's wrong?" Jace asked leading us to a table with clary and Sebastian, ALec stood looking at us.

"Uh, I just had this feeling, a bad one, something feels wrong about max." I said and Alec rolled his eyes.