Chapter 3

"Regina what happened?" Snow called out. "Later. Right now we need to help her!" Regina said afraid it might be too late. "This way." Robin said leading her to a tent. Regina laid the girl on the cot. "What do you need me to do Regina?" Snow said. Regina needed to use magic. By the looks of it, the girl had a lot of broken bones. She could heal them, not fully, but knew it was going to hurt. Regina then looked to Charming and Robin. She sighed. "You two. I need you to hold her down." They reluctantly did as they were told. "Regina. What are you going to do? What happened?" Snow was very worried. "Snow. I need you to calm down. I have to use magic on her or she will die. Unfortunately, it's going to hurt...enough to bring her to." she said with the saddest look in her eyes. Snow seen the look and knew something was up. " Ill tell you everything once I'm done. Now go!" Snow did as she was told. Regina turned to the other two. "Shes going to fight you, but I need you to be strong. It's for her own good if she's going to survive." They both nodded. Regina hovered both her hands over the girls body. Stay strong baby. You're going to make it through this. Regina thought to herself. She then began to heal the frail body laying before her. The girl began to whimper and thrash around. Robin and Charming continued to hold her down. I know baby girl. It hurts like hell. But you're going to be ok. She then screamed out in pain. Thrashing around even more. Regina knew it hurt. It hurt her knowing her daughter was going through this but it needed to be done. "Regina!" Charming yelled out. But before she spoke out, she was finished. The girl had fallen back on the cot and was completely out. "Is she?" "Dead? No. But it will take her a few days to recover." Regina said with sadness in her eyes.

           Later that night, Snow, Charming, and Robin met with Regina in her tent. "Are you going to tell us whats going on? Who is that girl? What happened? Where did she come from?" Charming shot out. "One question at a time." Regina said walking past him with her hand on her head. She still couldn't believe it. "Regina?" Snow said softly. She knew something was up. "That girl....shes my daughter." "WHAT?" both Charming and Snow said. "What do you mean your daughter?" Snow said. "After I married your father, I found out I was pregnant. It was Daniels baby. I was able to convince Rumple to conceal it. After she was born, I enchanted the necklace I gave her so I would remember her if I ever ran into her. I had drank a potion to forget. " Regina said looking away. "But why would you do that?" Snow asked. Regina spun around quickly. "BECAUSE!" She yelled out. Noticing the look on their faces. "Because I wanted my revenge on you more...because I knew I couldn't give her the life she needed if I was to get my revenge." She said sadly. Snow looked at her with sadness. She knew Regina had changed and that she was feeling bad about all the years she tried to kill her. "Regina. Its ok. We're past that. Lets just continue. Ok. So she's your daughter. How did you find her? What happened?" Regina began to tell them what had happened and how it came to this. "Regina...I-I don't know what to say. Thank goodness you were there when she needed you." Regina was thankful she was too but wished it had been under different circumstances. This wasn't a place for her to stay. She needed a warm,comfy place to recover. Later that night after her and Robin managed to get the spell down on the castle, they came back for everyone and headed for the castle.

            Regina had put her in her old bed chambers. It was the biggest and most comfortable. She laid the girl on her bed and pulled a chair right beside, she wanted to be there when she woke up. There was so much going through her head. What had her life been like? What was her name? What had happened for her to be in the situation she found her in? Would she tell the girl who she was or wait? Would she even accept her? A million things swirling. She was then pulled out of her thoughts when she heard the girl whimper out in her sleep. Regina walked over to her and sat next to her. She grabbed her hand. "Shhh. Its ok. You're ok." The girl seemed to settle back in her sleep and that made her smile a little.

             It had been almost a week and the girl hadn't woken up. Regina was starting to get worried but she never left her side, afraid she'd miss when the girl awoke. She decided she would sit next to her and read. Waiting for her to wake. A few hours had passed and Regina had fallen asleep. Sleep deprivation finally catching up to her. She was then jolted awake by the screaming and thrashing of the girl. She kicked and screamed "No" over and over. Regina knew she must have been reliving that horrible day in her sleep. Regina got up and sat next to her. She placed her hands on her shoulders trying to calm her down. "Shhh. Shhh. You're safe. It's ok." Regina hushed her. At the sound of her voice the girl woke up. She was so frightened and confused.

            I was trapped in that nightmare. Reliving that horrible experience over and over. I somehow new I was dreaming but couldn't wake up. I kept praying for someone, anyone to get me out. He grabbed them so hard, bruises began to appear instantly. "Someone help..." I sobbed out. At that exact moment I felt the weirdest thing. I somehow knew it wasnt part of my dream. Someone was waking me. As I came to, I still felt like everything in the dream was still happening and still felt terrible. When my vision had cleared, I saw the woman who had crushed those hearts and felt panicked. I jolted up and away from her, clinging to headboard of the bed. Too weak to completely get up. I started to look all around me. Where was I? What was this place? Who was this woman? "Shhh. Its ok. Im not going to hurt you." She said as she put her hand out trying to get closer. "No." I tried to say but nothing came out. I didn't want her taking my heart too. I tried running towards the door but everything hurt and my head was pounding so I didn't make it very far. Next thing I know a cloud of smoke appeared in front of me and when it cleared, there she was. I stepped back. No! Im trapped!! All of a sudden I felt really light headed and my ribs where killing me, I felt so weak. I then fell to my knees, pain over taking me. The lady knelt down slowly reaching out for me. The events of what had happened just suddenly kept rushing through my mind and I couldnt stop it. I couldnt get away! I then remembered what had happened. I crawled away trying to get as far away from her as I could. "Its ok. Im not going to hurt you. And neither are those men. You're safe. I promise. I wont hurt you. You can trust me." she said in the softest voice. Scenes of that day came flooding my vision and I couldn't stop the tears from coming. I hated it. I hated looking this weak in front of people. I hated being weak and hated there wasnt anything I could do about it. "Its ok. " she said reaching out once more. I didnt and couldnt trust her. Not anyone! I had crawled into a dead end, there was nowhere left to go. I put my head into the corner of the wall and bed. "Ok. Its ok. I wont come any closer. Ill stay right here. " I slowly peaked through my hands to look at her. She wasn't coming any closer. "You're safe. I promise. I wont let anything else happen to you." She said in the most softest voice I ever heard. "Can you tell me your name?" I just looked down. I wasn't ready to talk. Not just yet. "Im Regina." That was the last thing I heard before exhaustion took me.

Regina could tell that she was badly shooken up. Too afraid to even talk and in so much pain. She wanted to wrap her in a hug and tell her everything was alright. That mommy was here. But she knew it wasn't the time. Not now. Not with her like this. She was too traumatized. The girl sat in the corner between the wall and the bed curled up into herself. Regina's heart broke seeing her like this, but didn't want to push too hard. She was already frightened. They both just sat where they were for awhile. The girl cried herself to sleep eventually so Regina waved her hand and the girl was in the bed. Unnoticed that she had even been moved. Regina moved the chair next to the bed a bit further away. She had planned on staying to look after her but wanted to give her space for when she woke up.